2015 Chevy 1500 LTZ Tow Mirror Swap

So I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. Im looking at swapping my stock mirrors for aftermarket tow mirrors. My stock mirrors have all the functions, power folding, heated, turn signal. I have found a bunch of tow mirror set ups that have the reverse light in it and running light/ turn signal, but they do not have the power folding functions. Will this affection my computer and throw a code getting the ones without power folding function or affect anything? I read some reviews that say it could but others say ill be fine.

2019-04-23.png

Something that is common with many aftermarket mirrors...They tend to tie the running lamp circuit with the turn signal circuit.  Th GM method is that they have these circuits separate.  So... since your existing mirrors/harnesses have the turn signal, the turn signal circuit should work.  The running light on the mirror will behave like your puddle lamp instead of true running light.  The cargo light won't work.  

You'll need a harness swap or modification to your existing factory harness to fix this issue.  

Lastly, since your truck is a 2015, you'll want to explore your door jamb connector (on the cabin side) and see if you have pins 9 and 11.

• Like 1