I Installed Driver Seat Lift Kit. WOW!

I purchased a driver's seat lift kit for my 2015 2500HD from Seat-Solutions on Ebay. This is a major improvement for the seating postion of the manual driver's seat. The kit is very good quality powder coated steel and was very easy to install. I am really happy that Seat-Solutions started building a seat lift kit for the new trucks. The kit raises the seat 1 5/8" which is the same lift the electric seat provides.

When I bought my truck last September I decided not to spend the money for the electric seat. I recognized that the seat sitting position was low and uncomfortable but I thought I would get accustomed to the sitting position. But I have remained very unhappy with position of the seat in my new truck.

The difference in the comfort of the higher seat position is amazing. This is one of the best upgrades I have ever done to a truck.

I have no affiliation with Seat-Solutions. I am just a happy customer.

• Like 1

If you don't mind my asking...how tall are you that seat height is a problem?

I am a little over 5' 10". My truck is a 2500 with towing mirrors. My past trucks have had electric seats and I have always rode with the seat raised up all the way. The tow mirrors cause too much of a blind spot with the seat positioned so low. I was getting back and hip aches on long trips that I did not get with my 2012 2500. I feel like I am sitting on the floor with the low seat position of the manual seat. The ride height and sitting position is more what I am accustomed to now. So far this appears to be a big improvement for me.

• Like 1

You're about my height. I have my Camaro seat on the floor, but the truck seat is lifted pretty good.

Putting the seat lift kit in a truck with adjustable seats would give someone that much more, maybe good for little people. I didn't know they made such a thing.

• Like 1

I am a little over 5' 10". My truck is a 2500 with towing mirrors. My past trucks have had electric seats and I have always rode with the seat raised up all the way. The tow mirrors cause too much of a blind spot with the seat positioned so low. I was getting back and hip aches on long trips that I did not get with my 2012 2500. I feel like I am sitting on the floor with the low seat position of the manual seat. The ride height and sitting position is more what I am accustomed to now. So far this appears to be a big improvement for me.

I agree with you on the tow mirrors creating a huge blind spot. Whenever I am in a parking garage or sometimes even in a parking lot I will roll down driver side window, fold in mirrors, extend driver side, and then fold them back out, just so I can have a bit extra visibility at 10:30-11 o'clock. The big mirrors just completely block your sight right there

Im 5'11 and I am very confused.

Does your truck have a manual driver's seat? The comfort of the sitting position of the manual seat, on long trips, was the biggest problem for me. The large towing mirrors compounded the problem for me by creating a blind spot. I bought my truck to tow a travel trailer and need the tow mirrors. I put about 25,000 miles per year on a truck and make many long hauls pulling the trailer. I should have bought the electric seats but it's too late for that now.

I have the same issue with my last three trucks. 07gmc,12 canyon and this 14. All seats are manual. Im 6'0" and never could get comfortable in any of them. For me the seat sits to low. Now to add a hood they way they did I have a hard time seeing over the right front. I don't know how shorter people can see over the hood to drive I was using two 1" closed cell foam. Now I'm down to a one inch lift. When I commented on it with the gm regional rep he said I need electric seats to get the proper ride height. How do I do that and he said buy another truck. Another half fast reply.

Does your truck have a manual driver's seat? The comfort of the sitting position of the manual seat, on long trips, was the biggest problem for me. The large towing mirrors compounded the problem for me by creating a blind spot. I bought my truck to tow a travel trailer and need the tow mirrors. I put about 25,000 miles per year on a truck and make many long hauls pulling the trailer. I should have bought the electric seats but it's too late for that now.

Oh ok I see now. Yeah I have power seats. I purchased these seats because I drive out of town (Fresno <--->San Francisco) a lot during the year to visit family and specially during the NFL season to the games (season ticket holder). I needed the lumbar support in the driver seat. Without them It would be an uncomfortable ride. Love these seats.

I'm 5'11'' and used to driving an '03 Silvy with power seat and set all the way up. My wife can't/won't even drive my new '14 Sierra because the manual seat is too low. I also picked up this kit from Ebay hoping to get it tomorrow. I guess as it sits stock, seems a little low but not horrible if weren't for my 5'0" wife I don't think I'd even worry about it.

I can't believe that these trucks don't have manual height adjust standard..... My 2014 Mazda 6 Sport has it and that things about 1/2 the cost of my truck.

You're about my height. I have my Camaro seat on the floor, but the truck seat is lifted pretty good.

Putting the seat lift kit in a truck with adjustable seats would give someone that much more, maybe good for little people. I didn't know they made such a thing.

I misremembered....

I have the seat in my Silverado adjusted to the FLOOR...and it's still WAY higher than the Camaro.

I like the seat ALL the way lowered in both vehicles.

Oops!