Going Led Crazy

No more under the hood light, door courtesy lights and inside foot lights that come with the new

2015 Duramax 2500HD even when you get the LTZ z71 and all the Bells and whistle package :bs: So I added my own + some.

Under the hood lights that come on with a mercury switch when the hood is opened.

Led Cargo and backup/reverse lights.

Led Bed cap lights that give more light than the stock under the rail led's.

Under the side step lights that come on with the reverse lights and with the keyfob when the doors are unlocked.

Under the door courtesy lights that come on and fade out with the dome lights + the added more foot lighting inside.

IMG_20150328_202943284_zpsnnyvlepq.jpg

IMG_20150328_203025217_zpsbjgphxqq.jpg

IMG_20150328_203000950_zpsuutmtcmm.jpg

IMG_20150328_202652196_zps5rtdo62p.jpg

IMG_20150328_202220982_zpsireqmwh0.jpg

IMG_20150328_202208904_zps1yyds3hh.jpg

IMG_20150328_202146809_zpsnuhemkzi.jpg

IMG_20150328_202350574_zpsbjowmiiy.jpg

IMG_20150328_202747055_zps4tl25m9k.jpg

IMG_20150328_202611566_zpsibxlkf1m.jpg

IMG_20150217_045546432_zpswyrxrouz.jpg

I hope you have an Optima yellowtop battery lol.

No need as led's suck up very little juice + its not like all the truck lights are left on all the time.

We have used the cargo and bed lights for a couple hours at a time when we go night shooting and never had a problem.

This carport has 600 led's that suck up much more juice than the truck and I have left them on all day

with a 12 volt lawn mower battery hooked up.

Love it man. I did my own bed and back-up LED also. Where did you tie in the door and side step lights to come on? I've been wanting to do that one bad but can't find any decent guides

The side step lights are wired with the backup led lights so they all come on with the keyfob when you unlock the doors or put the truck in reverse.

Both wired at the trailer hitch plug trailer backup/reverse wire.

The door lights are tied in with the dome light grey wire on the block under the dash,far left drivers side.

Under hood lights haven't been on the trucks for over 16 years

Ryan

Took my truck in for its first service and recall power steering clamp fix, when they opened the hood a tech guy called over another and then another lol.

The truck became a show and tell soon after and most that looked at it started talking that led lights under the hood should be a standard on all trucks.

The side step lights are wired with the backup led lights so they all come on with the keyfob when you unlock the doors or put the truck in reverse.Both wired at the trailer hitch plug trailer backup/reverse wire.The door lights are tied in with the dome light grey wire on the block under the dash,far left drivers side.

Nice thanks. Do you have any pics of the install or where you hid the wires?

Also did you find a particular Silverado LED kit or just use generic that fit? I have used Oznium in the past always had good luck with them

Nice thanks. Do you have any pics of the install or where you hid the wires?

Also did you find a particular Silverado LED kit or just use generic that fit? I have used Oznium in the past always had good luck with them

The led's for the doors I wired front left door through the rubber boot between the body and door

into the door and down to the led's.

The left rear door wired under the door sill with the factory wiring to the rear door then up into

the boot to the door and down to the led's.

The right side doors the same except wires from the electrical box are up under dash across to the right side of the truck then the same as the left side.

All wires are in a soft flexible tube so I don't need to worry about any shorts from a raw wire later almost like the factory stuff.

The led's under the steps and for backup are wired from the trailer hitch wiring (reverse/backup wire) through plastic wire conduit from the rear following the factory wiring along the frame to each step.

All conections are soldered and shrink wrapped except the door Led' as I used plugs for them as you never know when you may need to remove a door panel that the led' are on.

All Led's are purchased on fleebay, do some research on what led's will work for you needs and the look you desire before you make a purchase.

Cob led's under the hood and under the bed cover like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/221421797594?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Led strip lights for under the doors and steps like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/201188329184?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Do research on the leds including the strip led's as there is a few different light colors of white and the amount of light

each will produce.

The 3M tape that comes on the cob led's works well but the tape on many brands of the strip led's I have played with

not so good so plan to get some 3M double back automotive tape or good silicone glue.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived