5.3L normal idle rpm

Hi, new here. I searched and could not find an exact answer so I thought I would ask. What is the "normal" idle rpm for the 5.3L ecotec? Mine seems to idle right at 500rpm. I am not having any problems it just seems low.

Thanks in advance

2014 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L

Cool thanks. Appreciate the info. This is my first Silverado and I started with the 2014. Before that I had a 2011 Suburban LT Z71, 2009 Avalanche LT Z71, 2004 Avalanche LT Z71. All three had the previous 5.3L Vortec and im pretty sure it idled a little higher.

Thanks again and glad to be a member looking forward learning more on here.

Cool thanks. Appreciate the info. This is my first Silverado and I started with the 2014. Before that I had a 2011 Suburban LT Z71, 2009 Avalanche LT Z71, 2004 Avalanche LT Z71. All three had the previous 5.3L Vortec and im pretty sure it idled a little higher.

Thanks again and glad to be a member looking forward learning more on here.

My 02 also idles at 500 rpms

Really... I could definitely be wrong because in the previous vehicles I didn't pay to much attention. It was a well known engine. I was just curious about the new ecotec. Could there be a difference between the Silverado and the more SUV like Avalanches with the same engine.

I didn't know that these new DI 5.3's were ever put into avalanches.

They didnt, you must have read wrong. Near the end it was no longer DI specific

Yeah, I was just wondering what normal was for the new Ecotec. The old engine 5.3L Vortec, evidently idled the same I just didnt pay any attention, and at the end I was wondering if there was a difference in say an 07 Silverado with the 5.3 and an 07 Avalanche or Suburban with the 5.3.

As far as I know the 2014 Silverado/Sierra was the first application of the Ecotecs.

500 for me. I had it raised to 600 with my Blackbear tune tho. Seems to idle better at 600.

Not a bad idea. I noticed while the truck is just idling and I turn the wheel the EPS pulls a lot of amps and all the lights dim until you let off of it. Obviously not a huge deal, just makes me wonder why lol

Not a bad idea. I noticed while the truck is just idling and I turn the wheel the EPS pulls a lot of amps and all the lights dim until you let off of it. Obviously not a huge deal, just makes me wonder why lol

Yea my truck seemed to have excess idle vibration at 500 rpm. There was a bulletin that was supposed to fix it, it helped a bit. Once I had it raised by Blackbear to 600rpm, can't even notice it idling sometimes.