How much would you pay monthly for your LTZ?

Ok, first off I must say that I love my toys. Be it smartphones, xbox, TV's etc. I love 'em. I have been leasing a Ford Edge, Limited, for the past 3 years and am ready to move on. Went to 2 different Chevy dealerships to try out the new silverado and fell in love. [emoji7] .

It's a 2015, LTZ 2, sticker is 50k. Everything I want in a car is in it. After 3 hours, I got him down to 42300 for it. Making sure I make a proper decision in my purchase I told him I'll talk to him Monday after work and walked out.

Have I gotten a good deal? Not know a lot of truck owners personally, I wonder what most guys pay monthly for their rides. I'm looking to purchase vs. leasing this time around. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will vary greatly depending on, down payment, trade in, interest rate, years financed etc. If one guy says he pays $300 a month and another says he pays $800 a month it really does not tell us anything with so many underlying factors. There is a huge thread on prices paid on here. You may want to browse that to answer your question.

Man up.

Buy the truck or don't. What someone else will pay has no bearing on your financial situation. Everyone has a unique financial situation and goals. This is a poor place to seek financial advice .

Man up.

Buy the truck or don't. What someone else will pay has no bearing on your financial situation. Everyone has a unique financial situation and goals. This is a poor place to seek financial advice .

Man up? What does being a man have to do with anything?

Since you are turning in a lease you have no equity in a trade. The price you were offered seems fair and looks to be around 7700 dollars off MSRP so I am sure they told you a monthly payment before you walked out, can you afford that payment is the question. Good luck and you won't regret getting the truck if you choose to do so.

:lol: Bud, it's just a saying that means: take responsibility for your own actions. It's not gender related.

Wow such great advice from a big man!! :chill:

Price is what you can afford. If your one of those that stretches loans out to 6-7 years and still has a 500+ a month payment you might be a moron to do so. Unfortunately there are many here doing that.

6 years with 0 percent financing isn't to bad if you can afford 6-7 hundred a month and unless you plunk down a big down payment you will be under water for the first 4 years so make sure you pay for gap insurance.

6 years with 0 percent financing isn't to bad if you can afford 6-7 hundred a month and unless you plunk down a big down payment you will be under water for the first 4 years so make sure you pay for gap insurance.

to each his own. 0% or 1.5% really doenst matter if you have to stretch it to 6-7 years with $700 a month you realy couldnt afford it, and thats the truth.

In the past I have used the site TrueCar which has provided some good data points on "good value" and "fair price"

My data point: Last summer I bought a 2014 LTZ with a $51,800 sticker and I got it for around $43,000. And I took the 0% interest for 6 years.

I definitely love the truck, no question. Just curious what other owners are willing to pay.

My biggest concern is that I'm about to induldge in the sanctity of marriage and the ring, other expenses scare me off from buying. But when I sit in the truck I would pay 800 a month for it. Leasing a truck doesn't make sense to me other than from what I see with average residuals on this truck I may end up paying less in the long run if I lease and then buy it.

Archived