637hp Procharged 5.3 w/bolt ons and custom cam

WendysOrBust

I thought this was pretty neat and the numbers put down are pretty ridiculous.

From his other videos his truck has full exhaust, intake, custom grind cam. I also think he does all of his tunning on e85 and is why he seems to put down higher numbers compared to others.

If you live in Texas or down in Houston this guy seems to be the real deal as far as GM tuning goes. Check out his youtube page or other social media pages.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what kinda power it'd put out if it wasn't sucking in heat soaked exhaust manifold air with that airfilter.

Is that the standard procharger kit for these trucks?

Cam doesn't sound that aggressive, but with VVT its hard to tell these days. Unless he did a vvt and DOD delete.

Wonder how long the 6 speed would last under that kinda load.

Also, unless its on there somewhere and I just didn't see it..

You'd probably also need larger injectors for this, oil catch can, full exhaust, I mean he may have $15k in mods in this thing including the supercharger.

I wonder what kinda power it'd put out if it wasn't sucking in heat soaked exhaust manifold air with that airfilter.

Cam doesn't sound that aggressive, but with VVT its hard to tell these days. Unless he did a vvt and DOD delete.

Procharger has an optional intake that ends up routing the intake towards the front

2014_gmtruck_uh3.jpg

Looks nicer imo. And I'm on the same boat as you, wonder how long the stock 6l80 will last.

Ya know from the numbers on magnacharger's site, this is over 200WHP more than they're reporting.

I wonder if this guy's running more boost? I mean headers and exhaust alone are what.. 25-50whp tops? So this boost cam is doing this truck a TON of good!

I knew the DI motors were gonna be awesome.. that's why I got a k2 instead of a GMT-900 this time around. (that and.. my last GMT-900 wasn't so hot.)

That air intake tube looks MUCH better. I was about to say.,. taking advantage of the empty battery tray would be a perfect place. More so if you could relocate the washer bottle and run a real CAI.

Ya know from the numbers on magnacharger's site, this is over 200WHP more than they're reporting.

I wonder if this guy's running more boost? I mean headers and exhaust alone are what.. 25-50whp tops? So this boost cam is doing this truck a TON of good!

I knew the DI motors were gonna be awesome.. that's why I got a k2 instead of a GMT-900 this time around. (that and.. my last GMT-900 wasn't so hot.)

That air intake tube looks MUCH better. I was about to say.,. taking advantage of the empty battery tray would be a perfect place. More so if you could relocate the washer bottle and run a real CAI.

Well the Magnacharger is tuned for 87-91 octane and is probably a pretty conservative tune on a stock truck with no supporting mods. Chuck likes to tune on e85 and does his own tunes. He also has a custom can and full bolt-ons, and I'm guessing his tune is allot less conservative than Magnacharger's tune.

Also, unless its on there somewhere and I just didn't see it..

You'd probably also need larger injectors for this, oil catch can, full exhaust, I mean he may have $15k in mods in this thing including the supercharger.

I HIGHLY doubt anyone would go through the effort of opening the top end up for a cam install and NOT remove all the DOD crap, otherwise it'd be more or less pointless using a cam that would work w/ the stock lifters and DOD setup - would not increase power much at all.

The 6L80E is pretty damn stout - G8 and camaro guys usually put the limit @ 550-600whp, although if you BEAT on it 400whp can break it.

Well the Magnacharger is tuned for 87-91 octane and is probably a pretty conservative tune on a stock truck with no supporting mods. Chuck likes to tune on e85 and does his own tunes. He also has a custom can and full bolt-ons, and I'm guessing his tune is allot less conservative than Magnacharger's tune.

Correct to continue pointing out the E85 - on a STOCK truck it'll produce 30+ more hp/tq, tuned even higher, but then add a custom grind cam, headers,intake, SC etc to the equation and it's gonna be a beast

I live in Houston and work just minutes from Chuck. I've seen this truck in person. You MUST do the VVT delete in order to change the cam. You will destroy the valve train if not. The cam in the truck was specifically ground to mimic most of the profile from an LS7 cam which has lots of lift but not terribly huge LSA angles, thus being perfect for a blower. The truck has been carefully planned and it's not just a meeting of parts ordered. Each part was picked to compliment the next and the previous. Chuck isn't the best there is in Houston, IMHO, but he's very good at these trucks, that's for sure.

The 6L80E is pretty damn stout - G8 and camaro guys usually put the limit @ 550-600whp, although if you BEAT on it 400whp can break it.

The only difference is they are carrying allot less weight than we are, ~3900lbs compared to our ~5500lbs. So the amount of horsepower/torque the 6L80E could withstand is inherently less than theirs. But who knows, it might last just fine.

Archived