275/65/20 or 275/60/20 on stock suspension?

Does anyone know whether you can run a 275/65/20 or 275/60/20 tire on the stock all terrain 20" wheels w/ the stock suspension?

I plan on adding the bilstein leveling shocks on highest setting an an extra 1" (so I think 2.5" block) in the rear, but I am picking up my new truck today/tomorrow and in order to get a decent credit on the stock craptastic goodyear tires I'll need to swap them promptly and I won't have the time to get the shocks and block in before doing so - I'd have to drive on the bigger tires for a little bit on stock setup.

275/65 not without rubbing.

275/60 mixed results, but would level before going to that size as most do rub unless leveled.

Bilstien will get you 1.8" on the highest setting, pretty similar to a 2" level kit.

I went with a 285/55r20 on my truck set on the 3rd setting which is I think 1.25" of lift. I have no rubbing issues anywhere. They are only a little taller than stock.

Also read through this thread

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167508-bilstein-5100-adj-shocks-front-and-rear/page-10?hl=bilstein&do=findComment&comment=1584356

You only need to do the front for fitment, if that matters at all to you. Rear there is a ton of room.

However, if you're waiting on those specific shocks, it might be a while ;).

I went with a 285/55r20 on my truck set on the 3rd setting which is I think 1.25" of lift. I have no rubbing issues anywhere. They are only a little taller than stock.

Also read through this thread

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167508-bilstein-5100-adj-shocks-front-and-rear/page-10?hl=bilstein&do=findComment&comment=1584356

Fondupot

Did you end up lifting your front end? I thought I remember you saying that you were leaving it stock for the time being but I may have missed a follow up post. Reason I remember is because I was looking at the same 285s for my truck and wanted to ask you if you had any rubbing issues on the stock ride height.

Fondupot

Did you end up lifting your front end? I thought I remember you saying that you were leaving it stock for the time being but I may have missed a follow up post. Reason I remember is because I was looking at the same 285s for my truck and wanted to ask you if you had any rubbing issues on the stock ride height.

Yes, I did end up lifting it. I have my Bilstein 5100's set on the 3rd setting which is 1.25" of lift over stock.

I didn't have my 285/55r20's installed on stock suspension, but it is very similar in size to a 285/45/22 which is what GM equips on trucks with OEM 22" wheels. So they would probably be fine.

I had BFG KO2 275/60/20's put on my truck the day it arrived at the dealership and ran them for about 4 weeks before I put my 2.5 Level kit on and never had any issue with it rubbing the fender liner or suspension parts on the stock suspension setup.

Edited by magstar67
  • Like 1

I had BFG KO2 275/60/20's put on my truck the day it arrived at the dealership and ran them for about 4 weeks before I put my 2.5 Level kit on and never had any issue with it rubbing the fender liner or suspension parts on the stock suspension setup.

same here, but i got the BFG's the day after I got the truck ;)