Anybody feel ripped off over all terrain tires?

Garykk

My truck was listed as having all terrain 20" tires with the 20" rims...NOT

Tires are passenger tires, not even light truck tires, Goodyear Wranglers clearly stamped m/s...what a rip off.

Debating going to local Discount tire and seeing if they will make a deal to put some real tires on my truck.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very few 1500/150 trucks come with LT tires. Been that way for ages. But you are right that the tires on all the new GM trucks are pathetic highway tires. My first stop would be new rubber too.

Really? ATs or something else? All the ones I've seen are the bogus Wranglers the OP mentioned.

Bridgestone Dueller A/T RHS. There was a $220 upcharge on the window sticker though.

Almost all half ton 4x4 trucks come with crappy tires unless you get something like a Tundra with TRD rock package or jeep rubicon, nothing new.

There has definitely been a transition on GM trucks to more highway biased tires. Ram has a few trims with legit all terrains, Ford used to (I haven't paid enough attention to the 2015+ trucks). My 2011 came with Dulers or whatever they're called and that was a decent OEM AT tire.

There has definitely been a transition on GM trucks to more highway biased tires. Ram has a few trims with legit all terrains, Ford used to (I haven't paid enough attention to the 2015+ trucks). My 2011 came with Dulers or whatever they're called and that was a decent OEM AT tire.

Ford on the 2011 Lariat 4wd we have came with 275/65R18 Goodyear SR-A's

Ford on the 2011 Lariat 4wd we have came with 275/65R18 Goodyear SR-A's

Yeah but that generation F150 the FX4 was actually a trim level and not a package and those were good tires. Don't remember what exactly but I liked them.

Yeah but that generation F150 the FX4 was actually a trim level and not a package and those were good tires. Don't remember what exactly but I liked them.

18" 275/65R18

BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Goodyear SR-A

20" 275/55R20

Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Look at the bright side.... At least we got Rancho suspension!!!!!!!! lmao..... [emoji41]

I can't speak for GM but I've been told by a reliable source that the Rancho shocks on Fords are just the same shocks with pretty paint and stickers. Haha

Archived