Driveline vibration

I have an 04 Sierra 2500hd and have been chasing this vibration. It vibrates at 70 mph and up. It's weird if your on the gas it vibrates like crazy if you let off the gas it stops then when it starts to deaccelerate it comes back. You can also notice the vibration at lower speeds but it's not bad if you weren't looking for it you won't notice it but at 70 it's real bad. I've had the drive shaft balanced new u joints new slip yoke and the transfer case rebuilt with no change everything feels tight it also does it in lock up or out of lock up I'm not thinking it's the tranny. The tranny has been serviced shifts fine. Any ideas

i've got this same thing, at about 55 MPH it starts vibrating and humming, and it'll get louder if i go faster and quieter if I slow down, but if i just barely touch the gas pedal it goes away, I haven't pin-pointed it yet, but i noticed if i grab the front driveshaft and twist it back and forth quickly i get a small thud, but i don't think thats abnormal either.

• 1 month later...

Maybe u joints

The thump might come from the slip yoke binding on the output shaft of trans or TC?

I think there was a TSB on this? New yoke and special lube to use, from dealer.

Dealer did my yoke. Gave it back to me and I had the driveline vibration, as described. Took it back and they did front U joint. Fixed it.

• 5 weeks later...

on my 2004 2500hd 8.1 replaced carrier bearing . an got vibration at start to 55 mph ,think I'm going to try front u joint to did everything else , no vibration before with the bad center bearing just bad rubber mount around the bearing ,,I should have left it alone// dam?

• 6 years later...