Still Not Sold On A Catch Can? Check Here...

2 hours ago, Hillwood said:

Those who don’t, well I applaud them to for being risk takers emoji4.png
Oh and I agree 100% on the warranty concerns!!!
You here that? Don't be a risk taker.
Void your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Never mind, Merry Christmas.

Edited by SS502
It’s Christmas

37 minutes ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Get in the habit of good preventive maintenance and you won't have to take it in for warranty concerns.

Yeah BigBlue I agree. I think he’s worried that if it’s there when he goes in for oil change or whatever they will throw the warranty thing at him. I can take mine off in less than 10 minutes, slap the three lines and oil cap back on and go about my visit with no worries. Shoot, from the sound of it some dealers will void a warranty for even the dumbest of reasons. I use the stock quick disconnects so the hardest part for me is the two screws on the air filter bat wing...

16 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Merry Christmas, Scotty recommends a catch can for GDI’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet there will be someone who watches this and say “he just said the newer GDI engine doesn’t need one” lol...and for those who have the dual injection systems they would be right but alas, we do not yet have that set-up. ?

And yet there will be someone who watches this and say “he just said the newer GDI engine doesn’t need one” lol...and for those who have the dual injection systems they would be right but alas, we do not yet have that set-up. [emoji106]

Correct, if money is not an issue, which is the best Catch Can available and why?

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Correct, if money is not an issue, which is the best Catch Can available and why?

Well, I think that’s somewhat of a personal preference. I run the RXP (excellent customer service) but UPR and Elite are also excellent cans from what I gather. They all use good internal baffles and quality fittings. There are some on the market that are just cans with a line in and line out with nothing inside. I’ve seen home-made versions too and they may work just as well, but I can’t say one is better than any other. The RXP just has the looks I like.

1C7632F7-EC44-4265-AEAB-2D7A0734F630.jpeg

D9B54C5E-0B0C-4E2F-A90C-F25CA3DE30D3.jpeg

3DE80C12-8712-48BD-98BC-AD1ABDE469AB.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Looking into it now and just want something easy to twist off, dump and twist back on like some of the ones on the Internet.

You can do that with the one I have or just open the drain valve on the bottom. I think they all use the drain valve now, not sure. Makes it very easy though.

• Like 1

You can do that with the one I have or just open the drain valve on the bottom. I think they all use the drain valve now, not sure. Makes it very easy though.

Just read up on some, your catch can seems to be leading the pack on performance

• Like 1

This is one of the better "other" catch cans on the market:

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/corvette-c6-z06-2006-2013/engine/mike-norris-pcv-oil-catch-can.html

And a deal on one, if you're interested:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/fs-oil-catch-can.108827/

Just tryin' to help.

• Like 1