Still Not Sold On A Catch Can? Check Here...

That is why i use the pressure hose wide spay from about 3 feet (sometimes closer) instead of a garden hose. Garden hoses can send out floods of water where the pressure sprays less water. I do not get close enough to take the paint off and because the engine usually only has dust with a little oil it does not take much to clean it up. Sounds like you either had a faulty connector or you got a gasket that not sealing well. You definitely need to know your engine before you do this. 

I’ve built plenty of engines, knowing engines isn’t the problem. It’s more like knowing what water can do. I now take the time on my classic vehicles to wipe them down rather than spray them down. If I was going to spray the engine I would use a cleaner and spray low pressure up close. Spraying from a distance is the wrong thing to do. You can’t control where the water goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve built plenty of engines, knowing engines isn’t the problem. It’s more like knowing what water can do. I now take the time on my classic vehicles to wipe them down rather than spray them down. If I was going to spray the engine I would use a cleaner and spray low pressure up close. Spraying from a distance is the wrong thing to do. You can’t control where the water goes.

Got it. Thx. ?

10 hours ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

Of topic I'm looking for floor liner without opening for throttle for 17 High Country Cocoa in color. Tried the page but got no response guessing it's an old topic. Is this the part #84185471?

Just curious, but why would you post this in a thread about catch cans?

I would suggest either making a new thread with it, or find another thread related to floor mats.

2 hours ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

Because I posted in the topic a month ago and no response, so I tried this incase someone might know

Look for another post on that subject or open a new one. If no one responds no one is interested. 

Got a quick question I installed a JLT catch can a few weeks ago. Checked it today it was nearly full it’s not a huge can but still. It was water dirty oil question is that’s a lot no? The truck is also supercharged. I read somewhere about adding a check valve inline. Any thoughts advice thanks.

A lot of variables come into play. 1) are you in a damp (humid) environment 2) are you making a lot of short trips where your engine cannot get hot and burn off moisture are going to be a big play on how much water and oil you get. If it is mostly water than the climate and drive time are probably the reason for high water content unless your engine is not healthy. Btw 3oz container is not big enough in my opinion. 

You want to have a check valve on this if you have a supercharger. That way you reduce the chance of possibly pressurizing the crankcase from the supercharger thru the catchcan. Even though the pcv should stop that they can fail by sticking open so the extra check valve allows you to sleep at night. 

These are just my suggestion and opinions and only that. 

Edited by azsteve01
Grammar and spelling

Got a quick question I installed a JLT catch can a few weeks ago. Checked it today it was nearly full it’s not a huge can but still. It was water dirty oil question is that’s a lot no? The truck is also supercharged. I read somewhere about adding a check valve inline. Any thoughts advice thanks.

Your high amounts of fluids is most likely caused by the cooler outside temps having contact with warmer engine temps creating more condensation inside your hoses and Catch Can thus retaining more fluid with the CC than without.

Sent from Above

Ok that makes sense since I’m in NJ one day it’s hot the next freezing lol. I did check it every couple days when I first installed it just being curious. There wasn’t more then a table spoon or so of mostly water. I figured ok not bad glad I checked it yesterday.

• Like 1

A lot of variables come into play. 1) are you in a damp (humid) environment 2) are you making a lot of short trips where your engine cannot get hot and burn off moisture are going to be a big play on how much water and oil you get. If it is mostly water than the climate and drive time are probably the reason for high water content unless your engine is not healthy. Btw 3oz container is not big enough in my opinion. 

You want to have a check valve on this if you have a supercharger. That way you reduce the chance of possibly pressurizing the crankcase from the supercharger thru the catchcan. Even though the pcv should stop that they can fail by sticking open so the extra check valve allows you to sleep at night. 

These are just my suggestion and opinions and only that. 

I am kinda seeing the bigger catch can needed now lol didn’t think of that at the time. I’m in NJ and the weather is always changing right now hot cold. Trip to work is about 20 mins engine seems healthy to me it has 19k on it.
Would this check valve work?
9009d8c335da8cfaf67cdf29d874e96e.jpg

Yes that check valve will work. Just make sure the arrow is pointing towards your intake source. 

Is that 20 min of highway speeds or stop and go. If stop and go your engine is not really warming up enough to burn off all the moisture. But your catch can is doings its job ?