Texas speed headers

Just found a local 5.3L OEM Catback for sale. Going to pick it up tomorrow. I'll report back and get some videos with that setup as well.

Question for those with the OEM Catback. I know I have seen this discussed, I just have to dig it up. The flange, are people welding that open for a specific reason, just wondering if I should do that as well.

Just found a local 5.3L OEM Catback for sale. Going to pick it up tomorrow. I'll report back and get some videos with that setup as well. Question for those with the OEM Catback. I know I have seen this discussed, I just have to dig it up. The flange, are people welding that open for a specific reason, just wondering if I should do that as well.

You mean the flapper for v4 mode or the ball flange?

You mean the flapper for v4 mode or the ball flange?

Lol, flapper. Sorry, wrong terminology.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Lol, flapper. Sorry, wrong terminology.

Think its just for flow and sound. Thought it was odd to weld it open, seems like it would make more sense to cut it out since it is defeating the purpose to bolt it or weld it open.

Fwiw, I purchased TSP headers last week and installed them on my 2013 6.2 sierra yesterday.

The Y-pipe required quite a bit of work to make fit, but the headers went on really easy. Quality was on part with other header I have put on my vehicles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had my tune updated to get rid of the CEL from the missing rear o2 sensors.

Full dyno tune with updated numbers is set for June 15th.

Fwiw, I purchased TSP headers last week and installed them on my 2013 6.2 sierra yesterday.

The Y-pipe required quite a bit of work to make fit, but the headers went on really easy. Quality was on part with other header I have put on my vehicles.

Quality is ARH's, Kooks, Stainless Works nothing to work on to make fit properly....PERIOD!!

RT

• Like 1

Quality is ARH's, Kooks, Stainless Works nothing to work on to make fit properly....PERIOD!!

RT

Lots of butt love there, lol. Their quality and fitment is usually top notch.

Seriously though, for $600 to $800 saving on headers and y pipe, I'll make a few adjustments to make them work.

No reason (unless you have unlimited cash flow) to spend $1200 for Kooks, $1300 for ARH, or $1500 for SW, when you can get Texas Speed for $650.

Edited by Rawyzf
  • Like 1

RT

We get it, why come into a thread specifically for Texas Speed headers and keep pounding this drum. You have had a lot of other helpful posts, but this type isnt one of them.

Edited by jrob56
  • Like 1

We get it, why come into a thread specifically for Texas Speed headers and keep pounding this drum. You have had a lot of other helpful posts, but this type isnt one of them.

View it as him tagging Texas Speed when people search for Kooks and ARH. They'll see this thread and find out there is a budget option for headers as well as the big brand names.

• Like 1

Sounds good! I'm debating an aftermarket muffler in addition to mine. Need a little more tone, but not too much volume

Yeah, it's too quiet now.

I'll probably get a magnaflow, just have to figure out the right one.