Texas speed headers

Was the install a pain? I'll be having our Master Tech in the shop helping me and I'll have a lift to do it.

Nope, actually was pretty straight forward and easy. If you want pointers or tips, download the Kooks install doc as it pretty much guides you through the install. I suggest attacking through the wheel wells, take the wheels and felt liners off.

Me and my Tech got them on in less than 2 hours. Taking our time. The lift made it super easy. All we had to do was disconnect the steering link and the headers slid in from the top like a glove.

Only complaint is the y-pipe does sit on the trans support mount.

Only problem now is my exhaust is way to loud as I'm running a Black Widow muffler, time to change that.

• Like 1

Me and my Tech got them on in less than 2 hours. Taking our time. The lift made it super easy. All we had to do was disconnect the steering link and the headers slid in from the top like a glove.

Only complaint is the y-pipe does sit on the trans support mount.

Only problem now is my exhaust is way to loud as I'm running a Black Widow muffler, time to change that.

Same two issues I had. You can see in my pics on where to trim the crossmember. As for the exhaust, if you have your oem unit, put the resonator back in place, it helps a ton.

33ba9e7761359a521ef2845b8c0017ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by Rawyzf

I'm thinking of adding the resonator back to the end. I put a Black Widow in place of the factory and just did a turn down over the axle. May have the rear resonator re-installed

That did the trick for me.

Put the resanator back on, that helped a lot. Still feel like I have a small exhaust leak somehwere, but I can't find it. I think it maybe the straight through chambered design muffler Im running.

Let it run for a few mins and rev it a couple times. Look for any puddles.

Edited by Rawyzf

Let it run for a few mins and rev it a couple times. Look for any puddles.

The only place I seen a little water was from the joint where the y-pipe meets the factory exhaust. At least its after the 02. I may just undo that joint and weld it there.

• Like 1

The only place I seen a little water was from the joint where the y-pipe meets the factory exhaust. At least its after the 02. I may just undo that joint and weld it there.

I used high temperature rtv gasket sealer on that connection.

Little disappointing to see another set of Texas Speeds sitting on cross member. Did you guys give them some feedback about that?

Yeah, I let them know.

Those with ARH or Kooks posting in this thread, I'd like to see how close you're sitting to the crossmember.

Trimming the bracket is a quick and easy fix though, no rubbing since I did that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I let them know.

Those with ARH or Kooks posting in this thread, I'd like to see how close you're sitting to the crossmember.

Trimming the bracket is a quick and easy fix though, no rubbing since I did that.

Will do once they're in and installed bud. Out of curiousity wouldn't I run into the same issue to an extent? They'll be going through the same place won't they? I could be wrong, this'll be my first header install.