Katzkin Leather Upgrade

Better post pics!!!

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Yup, will do. They said about 2-3 weeks to get it, then we'll set up a time for install.

• Like 1

Awesome, I've been debating on doing this. Do the new seats still use hog clips in certain areas? And I also have heated seats, anything social to worry about with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no hog clips on the seats. They are all easily removed with patience and some finger strength. its all clips. I watched some youtube videos on it. very easy. about 8hrs per truck on the two I did. Both trucks I did have the full center console so no time consuming jump seat to do or the need to replace the console lid as it is already leather.

• Like 2

I did find problems with my heated seats while the covers were off and the truck is at the dealer today diagnosing what to do about it. they say its due to the leather swap but it was there when i took the covers off.

seatburn2.jpg

seatburn1.jpg

There are no hog clips on the seats. They are all easily removed with patience and some finger strength. its all clips. I watched some youtube videos on it. very easy. about 8hrs per truck on the two I did. Both trucks I did have the full center console so no time consuming jump seat to do or the need to replace the console lid as it is already leather.

Thanks for the info. I also have the full console so not to worried about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Read on amazon that only the front seats are leather. Is this true?

UPDATE

Looks like its a combo of leather and vinyl.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by webhead

I did find problems with my heated seats while the covers were off and the truck is at the dealer today diagnosing what to do about it. they say its due to the leather swap but it was there when i took the covers off.

seatburn2.jpg

seatburn1.jpg

What came of the problem?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What came of the problem?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Had 3 of the 4 elements replaced. one had previously been replaced under warranty. I have all new elements now and I guess they upgraded them to a newer 2015 set of elements that have less problems, however I heard less heat.

Katzkin was installed yesterday. Love the feel and look! My pics suck, I'll try to get better ones later. The Dark Graphite looks great! Flash makes them look lighter than they are.

2427277a4ec83e0daf4a8021394f7ed5.jpg

2085c1a40c8246a01d6e2e22ea94b2e9.jpg

09d22809abc9ba9a883e14cb749e8c22.jpg

e239256895e3fd281c315b755b5ba16a.jpg

4e94b664d5dd7f1eff01fd8e923b8059.jpg

ba0734cd405ee2220afc5830949e5386.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

They're currently $550 on eBay right now for double cab. I can say that these are worth every penny. I have 180,00 on my car and they're 8 years old... have had these seats since the car had 18 miles on it. With minimal maintenance, and only using wipes, these seats still look amazing. There are no rips or tears or cracks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has pondered upgrading their 2014+ truck to leather I highly recommend. Very easy install. Just time consuming. I have now done two trucks and would easily do another.

Backseat

WP_20151226_16_49_36_Rich_LI.jpg

Front

WP_20151227_17_50_30_Rich_LI.jpg

Are these the black seats I'm ready to pull the trigger on eBay for the kit. The 2 year old threw up chunky milk in the back seat and they got to go lol. Took a week for the smell to go away.

Are these the black seats I'm ready to pull the trigger on eBay for the kit. The 2 year old threw up chunky milk in the back seat and they got to go lol. Took a week for the smell to go away.

Definitely black