Katzkin Leather Upgrade

I wanted roadwire but couldent find them cheap anymore (used to be  $550 on ebay all day but then disappeared ) so i got katskinz.

Ok did install yesterday and boy are my hands and sholders sore!

Clips in seats suck easy to break and dont seem to hold great afterwards i need to unzip the drvers seat back and re clip it up mine let go carrying the seat back to my truck. Wish they used the Velcro from the rears everywhere. 

Yes i need a heat gun on them stat mostly the rears. I dont think Michigan weather will allow self shrinkage. 

But overall happy i saved $1000 to 1500 on labor

I love my Katzkin and they are tight with no wrinkles or baggy spots.  I went with the full leather option with no vinyl every sq inch is leather.  The truck smells amazing too.post-130528-0-61874000-1504921475_thumb.jpgpost-130528-0-49177800-1504921490_thumb.jpg

How much extra was that 2-tone? Looks really nice.

My Katzkin is great and tight too. All about the install really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid 1800 installed. I added 100% leather option and two tone with perforated inserts.  Since I have ventilated seats it was also 200 more for special foam.  I think it was 150 for two tone. 200 fore all leather and 100 for perforated leather. I believe it was quoted  around 1100 installed for just black without options 

• 4 months later...

Digging up this old thread as a thread on the current ebay sale has me interested in this.

For those with center consoles (not the jump seat), does the set come with a replacement for the center console lid?  My recently purchased '18 came with the bucket seat and center console option.  Seats are all black.  Thinking about maybe going with one of the gray shades but didn't know if the center console lid would have a piece to match.  If not, I may just stick with black.  

Along those same lines, I'd love to see some photos of interiors that have the center console if anyone has them.  If you didn't swap the cover of the console lid, it would be great to see how the katskins match the existing cover.

One other question, is there a package that doesn't come with the jump seat covers?  Just seems silly to pay for something I wouldn't need and hopefully there is a little cost savings.

Edited by colonel00

No Katzkin doesn't provide a new center console lid for bucket seat trucks.  They automatically ship the center jump seat leather covers.  It doesn't make any sense since they make you specify buckets or bench seat when ordering.  I went to an interior guy to see if he could use the leather center jump seat covers to make a center console lid but the sizes of the jump seat covers wouldn't work.  He recovered my lid with his black leather and french seam matching silver stitch for $250 which no looking back wasn't worth it.  My pics in my original thread was with the oe lid.  I don't have a pic of the new leather covered lid.

Edited by Payton34
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, Payton34 said:

I paid 1800 installed. I added 100% leather option and two tone with perforated inserts.  Since I have ventilated seats it was also 200 more for special foam.  I think it was 150 for two tone. 200 fore all leather and 100 for perforated leather. I believe it was quoted  around 1100 installed for just black without options 

would they sell you the leather with no install?  mind sending me their info.  i would like to buy the full leather option but i am capable of installing myself.

I just installed them in my truck. its not hard to install yourself just time consuming, there are videos on youtube with step by step directions. My kit did come with leather for the console lid, i didnt install it though because when you take the original lid apart it is attached with staples and is somehow melted into the edges.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, Jakenbake18 said:

I just installed them in my truck. its not hard to install yourself just time consuming, there are videos on youtube with step by step directions. My kit did come with leather for the console lid, i didnt install it though because when you take the original lid apart it is attached with staples and is somehow melted into the edges.

Can you post the links?  I haven’t been able to find anything of quality.

• 2 years later...

I purchased my set off of ebay for my 2018 and they arrived in less then 5 days. Total time on my install was probably 15 hours. I learned a lot along the way on what does and doesn't work. The center console went really well for me. Getting the fronts to push into the snaps was probably my most challenging part. Putting on the front head rests was really hard until I put the posts into the seats to help hold them. Most of the way through I was thinking I should have just traded the truck in but now it's done I'm happy. There weren't any local installers here otherwise I would have just let the pros do it.

Here are some pics the day I finished. Overall less wrinkles then I would have thought but hopefully the tighten up some more. I'll post some follow up pics after a few weeks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2