How much damage could be done on 14 that got rear ended 50 or 60 mph?

Hey guys got rear ended and the box got pushed into the cab and dented the heck out of the back of the cab.The bumper is pushed into the trailer hitch and spare tire.The person rearended me when I was I was making a turn into my subdivision and it felt like a train hit me I was like dam.Probably at about 50 mph and it spun my truck around in a 360 on dry pavement.I would post pics but wondering how to just wondering if the frame in the back might be bent?The reason I ask that is because driving it home looking out the side mirrors it looks like the bed is off to the drivers side.The part about it though is you can see all the damage at the back of the cab but the truck bed sprung back and has about an inch cap on the passenger side and a half inch on the drivers side?Any thoughts would be appreciated

Hey guys got rear ended and the box got pushed into the cab and dented the heck out of the back of the cab.The bumper is pushed into the trailer hitch and spare tire.The person rearended me when I was I was making a turn into my subdivision and it felt like a train hit me I was like dam.Probably at about 50 mph and it spun my truck around in a 360 on dry pavement.I would post pics but wondering how to just wondering if the frame in the back might be bent?The reason I ask that is because driving it home looking out the side mirrors it looks like the bed is off to the drivers side.The part about it though is you can see all the damage at the back of the cab but the truck bed sprung back and has about an inch cap on the passenger side and a half inch on the drivers side?Any thoughts would be a prreciated

Guaranteed the frame is bent.

Year/make/model?

I'm an estimator at a body shop and can give you a good idea of what to expect (repairable or not).

thanks guys for the replies it is a 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4.The drivers side box side is all crinkled up and on the passenger side it had to big inward dents.The back of the cab is all creased in on the drivers side from where the bed hit the back of the cab.Can I just take pictures with my phone and post them on here?or do I have to sign up for a app?any help would be appreciated.thanks

thanks guys for the replies it is a 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4.The drivers side box side is all crinkled up and on the passenger side it had to big inward dents.The back of the cab is all creased in on the drivers side from where the bed hit the back of the cab.Can I just take pictures with my phone and post them on here?or do I have to sign up for a app?any help would be appreciated.thanks

Go to photobucket dot com

Create a free account

Upload your pics

Once uploaded the images will show up on the screen

Click on a picture

This will bring you to another page

To the right of the pic you will see two links

Click on the img link and it will show "copied"

Come back here and paste the link into your comment

Then we're seein' what you're seein'.

as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will get them up sorry but I am not that good at it maybe my son will help me.Thanks guys but if she does get totaled I will always be glad she kept me safe.I will get another chevy though just because that truck took one heck of a hit and nothing happened to me I am thankful for that.

50-60 it would be totaled, I am thinking it us much less than that to be able to drive it home. Not sure what we would be able to do for you, just take it a body shop or an adjuster; they can tell you real quick.

For reference these are around 40 mph rear endings on late model (or new) pick ups

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-f150-rear-ended-293940/index3/

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-lariat-2-day-old-carnage-296244/

Tyler

Hey guys got rear ended and the box got pushed into the cab and dented the heck out of the back of the cab.The bumper is pushed into the trailer hitch and spare tire.The person rearended me when I was I was making a turn into my subdivision and it felt like a train hit me I was like dam.Probably at about 50 mph and it spun my truck around in a 360 on dry pavement.I would post pics but wondering how to just wondering if the frame in the back might be bent?The reason I ask that is because driving it home looking out the side mirrors it looks like the bed is off to the drivers side.The part about it though is you can see all the damage at the back of the cab but the truck bed sprung back and has about an inch cap on the passenger side and a half inch on the drivers side?Any thoughts would be a prreciated

My cousin had a Silverado 2014 LT crew cab and he stopped at a red light and got rear ended by a Honda Odyssey van going 40MPH that did not stop (possibly not even paying attention), the van wasn't drive-able and had to be towed away but he could drive his truck home. Thinking it's only bent frame, however, the insurance totaled his truck. He only had 40k on his truck. Sad day for him.

It might be a total loss.

Yeah it was 50 mph when he hit me it is a 45 mph road that I was on when I got rear ended and when I was making the turn and looked in my rear view I could tell he was going that fast because I thought to myself this is going to hurt.But when you take a hit like that in the back what makes you think you cannot drive it?There is nothing back there in a truck that would not let you.The box side didn't get pushed into the tires or anything other then that it just crab walks now from the view of my drivers side mirror.lol.

Sorry about the accident. Just don't assume that it will be totaled cause the frame is bent. I just got my '14 back after I was in an accident. Nearly 24k in repairs, including a FULL FRAME REPLACEMENT. Insurance did not total it. Been driving it for 2 weeks now since repair and it's just as good as it was before.

I was rear ended in January on the freeway stopped in traffic. I was driving my '07 Avalanche - Hit by a Acura TLS. They estimate she was going 40-45 (slowing down). But not in time They totaled me. :(

I was sad at the time I loved my Avie. But now I have a new '16 and loving it.

I had pretty minimal looking body damage, but the frame was jacked in the back and it broke some motor mounts in the front when she pushed my into a Honda Odyssey and 3 more cars in front of the VAN!!

I would guess total. Granted my truck was much older, and had 126K+ miles, But yours sounds pretty bad.

Here are a couple of pics of mine - Not to Hijack.

th_C43AEE98-20DE-4896-BA70-0DB5579CD2A1_

th_B0BF99F1-CBD4-4B63-BAF7-158DBD90D977_

th_3D6FF86F-B145-4391-92C1-24E965DDF354_

th_9C2DCEF2-4C39-433F-A6FB-B8070020C6E4_

Glad you are ok. I hope it all works out in your favor.

Archived