New OEM wheel flares for 2016 Silverado

New listing in the website accessory for the 2016, not yet in dealer's accessory catalog.

GM 84007564 front and rear molded femder flares.....no exposed bolt holes.....custom for 2016's only with factory stone guards. Fronts mount on existing bolt holes and replace front stone guard.....rears mount over existing stone guards and require drilling of holes to secure under the fender lip .....all have 3M tape to assure form fit to the body.

Molded gray color matches the bumper scuff trim and bed rail caps. Looks great.....judge for yourself.

post-156616-0-77931500-1462637392_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-25638900-1462637408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thomcat
  • Like 4

Nice I'd put them on

What did they run cost wise

I think as a throwback to my 2000 my next truck will have flares of some sort

Ryan

Posted on the Chevy website MSRP $350 but found a number of dealers willing to discount 10%....may not pay to go to a discount website because shipping costs may outstrip savings.

Not shown for pre '16s......Only works if trucks have the plastic rock shields on the front fenders and plastic splash shields and rock shields on the rear fenders......fronts have a fastener that plugs into the body hole after removing the rock shield and the rears have cutouts to bayonet into the splash shield and cutbacks for the rock shield.

Posted on the Chevy website MSRP $350 but found a number of dealers willing to discount 10%....may not pay to go to a discount website because shipping costs may outstrip savings.

Not shown for pre '16s......Only works if trucks have the plastic rock shields on the front fenders and plastic splash shields and rock shields on the rear fenders......fronts have a fastener that plugs into the body hole after removing the rock shield and the rears have cutouts to bayonet into the splash shield and cutbacks for the rock shield.

That's interesting you say they will only work if you have the plastic rock shields. My 2015 has the one on the front and also have both on the rear. I'm gonna look into this further with my dealer. Could be a cost effective plan for the guys who have chipping paint in the wheel well edge with 2014 and 2015 silverados

That's interesting you say they will only work if you have the plastic rock shields. My 2015 has the one on the front and also have both on the rear. I'm gonna look into this further with my dealer. Could be a cost effective plan for the guys who have chipping paint in the wheel well edge with 2014 and 2015 silverados

If you have the three plastic shields on the front and rear fenders it likely will fit the 14s and 15s. There is one plastic shield on the rear of the front fender which must be removed, the new front fender flare has a molded in exact replacement. The front of the rear fender has a splash guards which looks like a mini mud flap and the rear has a plastic stone guard.......the new rear flare has cutouts for both of these pieces which remain in place.....flare would not look good without these pieces, but if truck does not have both they could probably be bought separately to complete the install.

They make a custom fit and match to existing molding----and cheaper than some of the generic aftermarkets.

Thomcat, on 15 May 2016 - 6:37 PM, said:

If you have the three plastic shields on the front and rear fenders it likely will fit the 14s and 15s. There is one plastic shield on the rear of the front fender which must be removed, the new front fender flare has a molded in exact replacement. The front of the rear fender has a splash guards which looks like a mini mud flap and the rear has a plastic stone guard.......the new rear flare has cutouts for both of these pieces which remain in place.....flare would not look good without these pieces, but if truck does not have both they could probably be bought separately to complete the install.

They make a custom fit and match to existing molding----and cheaper than some of the generic aftermarkets.

Yes I do have all 3 plastic pieces on my Silverado. I have a 2015 Regular Cab

Thomcat, on 15 May 2016 - 6:37 PM, said:

Here is a photo of the truck with all 3 pieces

post-156271-0-93349700-1463366624_thumb.jpg

Yes I do have all 3 plastic pieces on my Silverado. I have a 2015 Regular Cab

Same pieces that are on the '16, fenders are the same and the type of cab doesn't matter so should fit......seems when Chevy site updates with a new accessory they fail to add it to the previous year still listed on the site even though it will fit.

Instructions for the rear install call for drilling 1/4" holes in the fender lip and backing with a compression clip. Check behind the fender before drilling holes to see if there is enough clearance to insert the backing clip. Found that on one fender there was no clearance because the right side well liner was in the way so I drilled smaller holes for those three self tapping screws and it snugged up just fine.

• Like 1

Thomcat I just found out from another member that the front will fit, but there will be a 2 inch gap at the front. Your bumper comes to the bottom of your headlight, my bumper top has a 2 inch trim then the headlight. My front bumper needs to be higher. :nonod:

Thomcat I just found out from another member that the front will fit, but there will be a 2 inch gap at the front. Your bumper comes to the bottom of your headlight, my bumper top has a 2 inch trim then the headlight. My front bumper needs to be higher. :nonod:

That must be why they just list them for the '16s