Beware of Bully Dog

I am sad to say that my experience with Bully Dog has been a terrible one. They are nothing like the company they used to be. I got a tuner for my 8.1. that has had nothing but issues. Once they finally got the right software profile changed on it then I get error codes ( code 358 ) when trying to install a tune. Now, problems are fine, the issue is that their customer service has been terrible. They have listed every possible thing on my truck that it could be, other than actually being their issue. After going thru every component the could count to that was "probably" the cause in my truck and proving it was fine, they say that my trucks ECM must be bad b/c their units don't have problems. Never once did they do anything but give a scripted response. And when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they told me that their supervisor said they cannot help, that it is a vendor problem. And the vendor says that I have to work with Bully Dog b/c the unit is supposed to work with my vehicle.

Now since they will not admit there is an issue with the unit, I cannot get the retailer to do a return so I am stuck with a $400 "driving coach". Very disappointing. I wish I had listed to others and just gone with a custom tune from a reputable company. So my advice to anyone else looking for a tune.... don't waste your money on bully dog and do it right the first time with a custom tune.

I am sad to say that my experience with Bully Dog has been a terrible one. They are nothing like the company they used to be. I got a tuner for my 8.1. that has had nothing but issues. Once they finally got the right software profile changed on it then I get error codes ( code 358 ) when trying to install a tune. Now, problems are fine, the issue is that their customer service has been terrible. They have listed every possible thing on my truck that it could be, other than actually being their issue. After going thru every component the could count to that was "probably" the cause in my truck and proving it was fine, they say that my trucks ECM must be bad b/c their units don't have problems. Never once did they do anything but give a scripted response. And when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they told me that their supervisor said they cannot help, that it is a vendor problem. And the vendor says that I have to work with Bully Dog b/c the unit is supposed to work with my vehicle.

Now since they will not admit there is an issue with the unit, I cannot get the retailer to do a return so I am stuck with a $400 "driving coach". Very disappointing. I wish I had listed to others and just gone with a custom tune from a reputable company. So my advice to anyone else looking for a tune.... don't waste your money on bully dog and do it right the first time with a custom tune.

Stop with Bully Dog. Contact their parent directly. They are Derive Performance http://derivesystems.com/about-derive/

Archived