2016 ltz cc 6.2 wifi stopped working. I have a data plan but it just quit working. Tried several devices still nothing they all say they're connected but cannot download any data. Has anybody else had this issue because I really don't have time to go to the dealership for this? Wondering if there is an easy fix

Sounds like something on the OnStar side. If you can connect to the Wi-Fi that means that the hotspot in the truck is working. Wi-Fi can be connected without you having Internet access. It'd be the same as your PC being plugged into your router, but your home Internet being down. Still connected to the Network, just no Internet access. Are you sure that you called OnStar to get everything totally setup? I would definitely call OnStar and see if there's anything on their side first.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. The Wi-Fi was working fine for months but just all of sudden in the past two weeks it's gone on the fritz one day it will work partially real slow loading.The next day it won't work at all just has the loading signal but won't load anything. I unhook the battery yesterday it seems to be working a little better today.

The Wi-Fi in my Denali seems to have a mind of it's own. Will not work consistently. called on-star multiple times and got no where. Time for a refund. Paid full price for minutes and now I see that Chevy has them on for half price. What luck!

I think they can do a system check and reset right from OnStar so just push the blue button.

They just set the WIFI password and name on my new one when I picked it up so they have allot of control.

Just to let everyone know unplugging the battery did help. Still has some issues but it's a lot better. Who knows how long it will last though.

• 5 months later...

I have also recently had reliability issues with my wifi it was working just fine for months now it seems spotty. Sometimes its got a signal sometimes not,

wondering if I have an antenna issue ? My dealer has opened a case # and OnStar wants me to contact the dealer next time I loose signal.

They will drive a known "good" vehicle to my location to see if the problem can be replicated on the other truck. This diagnostic comes directly from GM so I will give it a try.

Do I have to pay for onstar to use the wifi? My onstar free trial just ended and my wifi doesnt seem to work anymore. I have it tethered to my ATT account.

You can buy any Onstar service individually. You can buy Wi-Fi by the month for $10 per month.

Go here:

https://www.onstar.com/us/en/plans-pricing.html

About 1/3 down the page > Compare Plans

I pay the extra $10 per month to tether the truck to my att data plan. Im just not interested in using onstar for anything.

Yes, you can have the OnStar data (through AT&T) active without having OnStar. This is how my Malibu has been running for a while now and will do the same to the Silverado when the trial runs out in April.

I have also recently had reliability issues with my wifi it was working just fine for months now it seems spotty. Sometimes its got a signal sometimes not,

wondering if I have an antenna issue ? My dealer has opened a case # and OnStar wants me to contact the dealer next time I loose signal.

They will drive a known "good" vehicle to my location to see if the problem can be replicated on the other truck. This diagnostic comes directly from GM so I will give it a try.

Hi mbazinet,

We certainly recognize how this intermittent Wifi concern could be frustrating. If we can help in any way, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, full contact info., case number and servicing dealership.

Kindly,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

• 2 years later...

I have a 2017 chevy silverado and also have noticed the spotty reception . But I have also noticed that my cell carrier has also gotten worse in the last few months . I use my cell GPS all the time and have never had problems . But now as they try to move to 5g I lose GPS signal in places I have never lost before . I am wondering if the same thing is effecting my OnStar service . Being they are both satellite powered. The GPS and the OnStar signal. 

20 hours ago, Joe Gremminger said:

I have a 2017 chevy silverado and also have noticed the spotty reception . But I have also noticed that my cell carrier has also gotten worse in the last few months . I use my cell GPS all the time and have never had problems . But now as they try to move to 5g I lose GPS signal in places I have never lost before . I am wondering if the same thing is effecting my OnStar service . Being they are both satellite powered. The GPS and the OnStar signal. 

OnStar is not connected via satellite. It uses AT&T towers.