Using the FOB to roll windows up and down

So I just sent them a email. Come to find out, they are only open on the weekends, and will not respond to anything not sent during the hours of open operation. The next thing I noticed was their location. They are in my state, a couple hours away. They are near a race track that we go to, plus a buddy of mine lives near by. I will have him look into it while I am in Germany for the next three weeks. I'll post up what we come up with...

**WAMS IS CLOSED DURING THE WEEK!!!!**

Now that we have your attention! Due to the amount of correspondence being sent during non business hours (as well as spam) if you contact us outside of the business hours posted on our site (Sat/Sun 10AM-4PM Eastern) you will likely NOT receive a reply. There unfortunately just aren't enough hours in the day to sift through 1000+ emails a week and make sure all of our programming is done in a timely fashion. The website will still take orders and operate autonomously during the week however.

Please contact us during business hours; thank you!

• 3 years later...
Well they have done nothing in 2019 to address this. You still can't roll the windows up remotely. 

Another feature I'll never use in it's current state. 

I use it all the time in the hot weather. If imagine that they don’t put auto up for the same reason they don’t put auto up rear windows, kids.

I remember being a kid and I had my head out the window (we were in the driveway, just got home) and my mother started to roll the windows up and didn’t notice I had my head out. I started to yell and mom noticed lol.

Granted, they could have pressure sensors that if they detected more than normal resistance, they would go back down, like a garage door.
  • Like 1

I use it all the time in the hot weather. If imagine that they don’t put auto up for the same reason they don’t put auto up rear windows, kids.

I remember being a kid and I had my head out the window (we were in the driveway, just got home) and my mother started to roll the windows up and didn’t notice I had my head out. I started to yell and mom noticed lol.

Granted, they could have pressure sensors that if they detected more than normal resistance, they would go back down, like a garage door.
And that's the thing. All of the windows have pressure sensors now. Anything pushes on them they go back down automatically.

No reason why they can't do it.

I hate having to run outside to roll up the windows when a quick summer thunderstorm hits. Would love to do it right from the app or my fob.

I can keep dreaming until 2025 when they figure out how to do it safer than they can today.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 6:41 PM, Camaro45th said:

I have auto-up in my BMW.  It's a '07 at that.  Will open or close both windows and the sunroof.  If the key fob range wasn't so poor on it, I'd probably use it more. :(

Edited by Nitrousbird

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2016 at 1:28 PM, camcamaro1991 said:

I know MVI & Chris White/GTX.... work together for BCM updates, He can update your BCM to allow auto up, not sure if it works for the rear.

How did you get this to happen? 2019 Silverado RST Z71, All Star, Convenience 1 package. I can do the roll down with the unlock, but not the roll up. Please explain.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2016 at 3:08 PM, Silvern Sentry said:

From a computer/logical standpoint it is pretty pointless to lock something if the windows are all the way down right?

If someone reaches inside the rolled down (or broken) window to unlock, then open, the door, the horn should honk until you either kill it with the fob's panic button or the vehicle is started. Try it (not sure how long timer relay on power lock buttons takes to disable them... should work by pulling inside handle twice, too).

If it doesn't look like rain, I like leaving the windows cracked 1/2 - 3/4 inch when it's hot out, so I would NOT want them to roll up by just pressing the fob's lock button; holding that button down for, say, 3+ seconds and having them roll up would be nice, though.

On 7/14/2016 at 3:08 PM, Silvern Sentry said:

From a computer/logical standpoint it is pretty pointless to lock something if the windows are all the way down right?

Duplicate post (stupidly posted using truck's laggy AT&T wifi... thanks for the provider choices, generous motors).

WHY CAN'T WE DELETE OUR OWN POSTS???

Edited by Darr
Duplicate post
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

So now it's 2022 and the fob still won't roll the windows up.  At least let us roll them up with the outside lock button.  Nothing is more irritating than getting out of the truck and discovering a window still down & having to get back in, start!!!!! the truck, & roll the windows all the way up.  DUMB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lin Brew said:

So now it's 2022 and the fob still won't roll the windows up.  At least let us roll them up with the outside lock button.  Nothing is more irritating than getting out of the truck and discovering a window still down & having to get back in, start!!!!! the truck, & roll the windows all the way up.  DUMB.

I can agree, I have a 1990 BMW 535i and, when I lock the car with the key (I don't have a remote) and hold it, all of the windows roll up and the sunroof closes.
Still, pretty sure it's a liability issue Chevy didn't want to take on.
I did, however, get an AutoSync Dongle, along with BTDiesel customization and made my child lock button act as an all up window switch but, even at that, one still has to open the door and turn on the key to make it work.