Something running after truck is turned off

I've got a 2016 Silverado with 5.3, 10,000 miles. tonight I came home and noticed something was running after the truck was turned off and key removed. sounds like a motor or pump or something and after some crawling around it seems to be coming from inside the transmission. Also, some of the dimmable interior lights stay on - around the radio cluster, around the headlight and 4wd selectors and around the window and door lock switches. Additionally the radio/navigation screen is on too (nothing on screen but it gets brighter or dimmer with the dimmer switch).

I gave it 30 minutes and nothing changed so I started pulling some fuses. Pulling one labled TCM got the noise to stop but looking through the window (not opening the door) I can see the lights are still on. I put the fuses back in and drove it around the block and same issue after turning it off. I now have the battery disconnected.

Obviously I'll bring it in Monday but I need to use it tomorrow quite a bit including going somewhere that it will sit for 7 or 8 hours. I guess I just bring a wrench along and disconnect the battery??

I haven't heard of this issue before. I'll be interested in hearing what the service department says. Hopefully just a re flash of the on-board computers and you'll be good to go. Electrical/electronic issues are the number 1 trouble area of ALL vehicles now a days.

I wonder if the transmission is using an electric pump f some sort and the TCM is keeping it running after key off in order to circulate transmission fluid while it is cooling down.

Mine does this as well but it is from a fan that will dry out the air conditioning system. The dealer programmed it to come on intermittently when truck is off after I complained of a musty smell at start up. Not sure if it is a TSB or not

Archived