$50 and under modifications

On 11/22/2020 at 6:49 PM, Jmiller11331 said:

Cool mod I did. American flags in the door handle area and they light up at night nicely! I sell 4 flags for $4 with free shipping through paypal c2465c4a2a55051e5300716c50dc0cde.jpg

b48821e55eb4e1c9cb35e712982c965d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you provide more information?.....is it a sticker.....or a plate of some sort?

On 11/25/2020 at 5:17 AM, KJS Sullivan said:

Can you explain how you tapped into the dome light? This is a nice idea I've seen it done before but nobody ever really explains how they bring in the lines and hook it up. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

There's a fuse panel on the drivers side dash. The dome light fuse it there. I put in an add a circuit fuse tap in order to get a new wire lead for the lights. 

similar to these...

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-NI-FH02-Circuit-Adapter-Warranty/dp/B0742BZXC2

I can't remember what size fuse it is so you'll want to verify before buying.

edit* - The led's dim off with the other lights as well. Just make sure you get dimmable leds. 

Edited by Goinovr

On 11/25/2020 at 5:17 AM, KJS Sullivan said:

Can you explain how you tapped into the dome light? This is a nice idea I've seen it done before but nobody ever really explains how they bring in the lines and hook it up. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Goinovr said:

There's a fuse panel on the drivers side dash. The dome light fuse it there. I put in an add a circuit fuse tap in order to get a new wire lead for the lights. 

similar to these...

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-NI-FH02-Circuit-Adapter-Warranty/dp/B0742BZXC2

I can't remember what size fuse it is so you'll want to verify before buying.

edit* - The led's dim off with the other lights as well. Just make sure you get dimmable leds. 

Depending on the size of the wire, you may be able to push the lead down into GREY-01 (Interior Lamp Control) on the BCM.  On my '15 Silverado, I pushed a diode in for Grey-01 and Grey-08 (Puddle Light Supply Voltage), to have my puddle lights come on with my interior lights and when I open any of the doors.  If/When I get my AMP Step Rails, I'm tapping them into Grey-08.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...