$50 and under modifications

16 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

$2.97 at Lowe's.  Snug fit, even after you remove/trash the clamp.  Did this just in time for any snow we may get this winter.

IMG_0545.jpg

Any chance you can post the Lowe's item number?  That way we can find it when we go to Lowe's.   Thanks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

i'm still scouring the sites search function for this, would like to have this feature anyways

.. Brown/white stripe in pink plug is cargo light

.. Brown/blue stripe in brown plug is reverse light

20191110_191807.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. Brown/white stripe in pink plug is cargo light

.. Brown/blue stripe in brown plug is reverse light

20191110_191807.jpg

you just push the diode in until it wedges between the female connector and the plastic tube of the connector?

59 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

you just push the diode in until it wedges between the female connector and the plastic tube of the connector?

Correct.  I used the smallest phillips jewelers screwdriver that I have to run a "pilot hole," made it easier to push the diode lead down into the slot.  A few guys have trimmed off some of the leads, so the diodes sit closer to the connectors. 

46 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Correct.  I used the smallest phillips jewelers screwdriver that I have to run a "pilot hole," made it easier to push the diode lead down into the slot.  A few guys have trimmed off some of the leads, so the diodes sit closer to the connectors. 

cool..

I just noticed in the picture that there are TWO diodes.. what's the one on the right for? (running vertically in the image)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

i think thats to activate the cargo light while in reverse

that's top/center diode (based on the colors of the wiring in the post at the top of the page), on the right side, there is another diode between (looks like) BLUE & YELLOW on the brown plug..

ETA, maybe I found it.  I think it's fog lights on when driving lights on.. maybe its a different diode, the center diode is IN4004)

Edited by rbrjr1

7 hours ago, rbrjr1 said:

cool..

I just noticed in the picture that there are TWO diodes.. what's the one on the right for? (running vertically in the image)

The one going between PNK & BRN is cargo lights on with reverse, and the one staying in BRN is fogs with highs or lows, depending on who's photo you are looking at.  Mine, in my album, is fogs with highs, and cargo with reverse.  On my '15, there's a third one (in GRY), kind of concealed, puddle lights on with interiors.

I see most are doing the cargo on with reverse using a diode, but why couldn’t this one just be done with a piece of wire (no diode)?

I think it would then give you Cargo on with Reverse as well as reverse on with cargo.  I don’t see where this would be a bad thing and would give more light around the rear of the truck when loading / unloading with the cargo switch too.

• Like 2

Post a few pages back was with a wire if i'm not mistaken. 

Running with wire instead of diode will wear your battery out faster ?

Interesting how the diode looks much like a one way check vavle ?

Edited by 3tspapat

On 11/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, ksiesel said:

I see most are doing the cargo on with reverse using a diode, but why couldn’t this one just be done with a piece of wire (no diode)?

I think it would then give you Cargo on with Reverse as well as reverse on with cargo.  I don’t see where this would be a bad thing and would give more light around the rear of the truck when loading / unloading with the cargo switch too.

Using a wire will allow the cargos to come on in reverse, and the reverse lights to come on when you turn on the cargo lights.  There really is no bad thing about it.  I just don't see how the reverse lights being on with my cargo lights helps me see what's in the bed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, Black02Silverado said:

Any chance you can post the Lowe's item number?  That way we can find it when we go to Lowe's.   Thanks.

Sorry, got side tracked, and failed to return to this until now.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fernco-2-in-dia-Flexible-PVC-Cap-Fittings/1000075369

• 2 months later...