$50 and under modifications

As pointed out by Ravenkeeper, I misstated the pin number on the pink BCM block. It is correctly pin 26 on both blocks. 

I have made the correction in the post.

This simple modification will cast quite a bit of light toward the back of the truck along the sides...and it's FREE

By adding a single wire to the BCM under the dash on the driver's side (at least in the 2016 and 2018 HD trucks) you can get the side mirror cargo lights to turn on whenever the truck is in reverse (when the truck is running) or the cargo light switch is turned on (when the truck is turned off).

You need to run a wire from pin connector 26 on the Brown BCM block to pin connector 26 on the Pink BCM block (see picture).

Following are some pictures of the amount of light put out with this mod.

Wiring Modification 1 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210035 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210054 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210107 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210117 (Medium).jpg

Edited by grandpalarry777
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 3:48 AM, grandpalarry777 said:

This simple modification will cast quite a bit of light toward the back of the truck along the sides...and it's FREE

By adding a single wire to the BCM under the dash on the driver's side (at least in the 2016 and 2018 HD trucks) you can get the side mirror cargo lights to turn on whenever the truck is in reverse (when the truck is running) or the cargo light switch is turned on (when the truck is turned off).

You need to run a wire from pin connector 26 on the Brown BCM block to pin connector 25 on the Pink BCM block (see picture).

Following are some pictures of the amount of light put out with this mod.

Wiring Modification 1 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210035 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210054 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210107 (Medium).jpg

20180801_210117 (Medium).jpg

Actually, it is Pink-26 & Brown-26.  Pink has 27 opening, the pin closest to the Brown connector is 22.  Using a diode will only allow the cargo lights to come on with reverse or reverse lights to come on with cargo lights, if you don't want to have them all on in by both triggers.

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

Meanwhile,........ back to the $50.00 and under mods.

For the new round-headed flapper valve:
2 ea. screw clamps,
1 pc. 3/4"x3" scrap strap.
Rotate the flapper valve fully clock-wise and clamp tight.
Enjoy the exhaust tone.

182337-0781638a757049815f22f3a8dc72e44b.jpg.2ba6ad70c640591b9cab11631052724d.jpg
You are a freaking genius. I looked at that stupid flapper for 30 minutes and could not figure out how to clamp it open. Mine is rattling at idle. Cant wait to clamp it open. Tuner arrives soon to turn off v4 anyway. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 6:16 PM, BigBlueLB756 said:

Meanwhile,........ back to the $50.00 and under mods.

For the new round-headed flapper valve:

2 ea. screw clamps,

1 pc. 3/4"x3" scrap strap.

Rotate the flapper valve fully clock-wise and clamp tight.

Enjoy the exhaust tone.

182337-0781638a757049815f22f3a8dc72e44b.jpg

What kind of tone?

Just a little deeper, but works best with the AFM tuned out to avoid the heli-chop sound when it loses 4 of the cylinders you paid for.

I like that "freaking genius" thing.  Might have to adopt it into the persona.

Just a little deeper, but works best with the AFM tuned out to avoid the heli-chop sound when it loses 4 of the cylinders you paid for.

I like that "freaking genius" thing.  Might have to adopt it into the persona.
12 degrees outside in the Home Depot parking lot, I did the Mr. Freaking Genius fix for $5.98. Less than 2 mins. I already have v4 turned off. Definitely a louder, deeper note to the stock exhaust, and the valve no longer rattles at idle. THANK YOU.84463393e8c272d8652c4b6ef898cf83.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Hope we're not done.  Still looking for a few more inexpensive mods to do.

i've got stuff planned... just need some time!!  my wife had to get foot surgery about a month ago.  still can't put any weight on her foot so i've been doing everything (and she has been going NUTS on the couch).  it wouldn't be too bad except that we've got two young kids (6 and 3.5 yrs) - so that keeps me hoping!!  my wife should be good on her foot again in the next couple weeks!!  can't wait!!  ha! ha!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bc-chris said:

i've got stuff planned... just need some time!!  my wife had to get foot surgery about a month ago.  still can't put any weight on her foot so i've been doing everything (and she has been going NUTS on the couch).  it wouldn't be too bad except that we've got two young kids (6 and 3.5 yrs) - so that keeps me hoping!!  my wife should be good on her foot again in the next couple weeks!!  can't wait!!  ha! ha!

I was on her side of your situation, July - September, with my broken foot from my head-on collision.  Our unpacking from the move, the week before the accident, was on hold for the most part, plus we had to add an additional month to our storage locker, because of it.  Both of my kids are teens, daughter (teen-driver) was "Miss Edwards AFB for 2018," so she had things to take care of all summer long, and our son went with her to some of her events, whose friends would swing by and steal him away to get him out of the house, from time to time.  We're almost done unpacking, most of what's left to unpack (in the garage) will be donated to Goodwill or AMVETS.

• Like 4

I swapped my door handle end caps to make a thief's job just a little harder. Eventually I will get a new end cap and replace my drivers-side rear door cap so it wont have a hole but for a super easy thing to do here is my thread...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Why do I have to stumble upon threads like this? More money spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...mine above is free for the most part :D

6 hours ago, SS502 said:

I swapped my door handle end caps to make a thief's job just a little harder. Eventually I will get a new end cap and replace my drivers-side rear door cap so it wont have a hole but for a super easy thing to do here is my thread...

Well...I picked up a new right side handle (part number 22923598) off eBay for $20.69 with free shipping so I will swap out the cap without the key hole when it gets here. I had a eBay coupon so I used it and got a pretty good deal, now I will have a spare handle should I ever need one :thumbs:

Edited by SS502
Added part number