$50 and under modifications

6 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

It that an Air Bag I see ?.....is the new trim compatible with the Air Bag (if that is what I'm seeing ?)

Yes and yes, it's a Genuine GM accessory. The nut-plates are already there from the factory and it is held in the same way as the passenger side handle. The stock non-handle trim has a retainer lanyard to keep the trim from blowing into your face, this one doesn't as it is attached by the same two bolts as the passenger side.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 9:52 AM, pgamboa said:

Phillips LED Reverse and Cargo Lamps

Driver' Assist Handle

Frame Tube Plugs

Footwell LED Lighting

Cargo Net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the footwell lights, did you wire them to turn on when you opened or closed the doors?

Regarding the footwell lights, did you wire them to turn on when you opened or closed the doors?

I’m not OP, but I wired my footwell lighting to match the dome lights. He has a post on where to jump off the wire. And then ground some where. Works great!

6 hours ago, chuckworkb said:

3 hours ago, fatkid24 said:

I’m not OP, but I wired my footwell lighting to match the dome lights. He has a post on where to jump off the wire. And then ground some where. Works great!

BCM taps:

GRY-8 = Driver's mirror puddle light

GRY-14 = Driver's Door OPEN Switch

GRY-25 = Passenger Door OPEN Switch

Witch led  lights are you using for the footwell 

I bought a long roll of LED lights from amazon pretty cheap. I cut them into the length I need, solder the leads and then installed them. It’s been great. Just need to cover the solder points.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, Jmiller11331 said:

fcc0c5b319fbfcfe9e3081480b6234fa.jpg added a OEM high country leather wrapped cluster visor to my truck. Alittle over $50 but close to it. I enjoy it and it lets you add whatever color leather you want.

Where did you purchase that visor?  

• Like 1

I can add a cheap mod to this thread. 

OXxLDic.jpg

I saw some .45acp shell casing valve stem caps for sale where I got my windows tinted. I thought the idea was cool, but the .45s looked a bit much. Tried some .40S&W casings when I got home. They fit perfect! These are nickel plated Hornady Extreme Duty casings, so I’m not expecting any significant oxidation or discoloration like brass. 

• Like 1

So far I have  - 

Replaced the upper half of the mirror with Chrome pieces.

Installed the Driver Side Assist A Pillar

Installed the Round Chassis plugs modified to allow some air to circulate through the tubes.

Oilless high flow air filter.

Front and  rear Weather Tech Mud Flaps

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 9:00 PM, iamdanieltuck said:

An oem wiring harness to access rap, battery power, crank accessory power and ground. $45 is a cheap way to insure we don't short something tapping it or catch on fire.

2d3c22d840a7911b5533979e4df86a1f.jpg

$45 plus shipping

you still around? i have a few questions. i pm'd you