I hate my 6" Suspension lift

I currently have a 2015 GMC Sierra. It was my first truck, and I had to have it lifted. I have a 6" pro comp lift, with 35's.

It has now been a year since I lifted my truck, and I regret it with everything in me.

I hate the ride, turn radius, and not to mention how frustrating it is to load and unload things in the bed. My mpg sucks, and I am afraid I will be replacing many parts down the road.

My question for you experienced guys out there, is there anything I can do to get this truck lowered down?

I will break down the suspension lift, to the best of my knowledge to help you guys understand the problem. The front suspension used factory suspension, and has a 6" strut spacer above it. My rear suspension has larger shocks, an added leaf, and 6" blocks.

Is it possible to buy a 4" lift kit and have them swapped? Can I buy some factory parts, and have my truck restored to stock?

I am out of options and am open to any suggestions. Please help!!

Well the turning radius depends on the offset of the rims, if it was kept close to factory the turning radius would be close to the same. But, it would be less stable since it would have a higher center of gravity and the track width staying the same or close. Also what did you expect from lifting it? I'm surprised you didn't say it's harder to get into it. You want a 4" lift now, don't think that's going to make a big difference in helping load it better over a 6" lift. Even with smaller tires you'll probably run 33s which is only 1" lower unless you're going to keep the 35s and trim. You can swap it out with a 4" kit, but I don't see how that will improve those things that you don't like about a lifted truck.

The closest thing to a lift I've owned was a leveled '98 and I learned from that truck to have a daily truck factory height or maybe a 2" lift at the most and just have an old Chevy as a play truck. One old enough to already have a straight front axle ('87 and older) and no computer. You can easily buy one with the money it takes to lift an IFS truck and I'm not even counting the bigger tires and rims if you decide to get new rims which is most of the cases.

Just an opinion though, but do what you want if you want to try a 4" lift.

Well the turning radius depends on the offset of the rims, if it was kept close to factory the turning radius would be close to the same. But, it would be less stable since it would have a higher center of gravity and the track width staying the same or close. Also what did you expect from lifting it? I'm surprised you didn't say it's harder to get into it. You want a 4" lift now, don't think that's going to make a big difference in helping load it better over a 6" lift. Even with smaller tires you'll probably run 33s which is only 1" lower unless you're going to keep the 35s and trim. You can swap it out with a 4" kit, but I don't see how that will improve those things that you don't like about a lifted truck.

The closest thing to a lift I've owned was a leveled '98 and I learned from that truck to have a daily truck factory height or maybe a 2" lift at the most and just have an old Chevy as a play truck. One old enough to already have a straight front axle ('87 and older) and no computer. You can easily buy one with the money it takes to lift an IFS truck and I'm not even counting the bigger tires and rims if you decide to get new rims which is most of the cases.

Just an opinion though, but do what you want if you want to try a 4" lift.

Unfortunately, I only had looks in mind when buying my lift kit. I picked the kit strictly off pictures online, and did not think it would effect much. I know that sounds very naive and I am completely aware that I am an idiot for lifting my truck.

So do you know if it is unheard of to go back to stock? I would much rather do that than run a 4" kit.

I wouldn't call you an idiot, but maybe you got too excited about the look to not think of what it would effect. I don't see why you couldn't go back to stock. But, the kit should have came with new knuckles so hopefully you still have them. If not I'm sure it wouldn't take much searching to find factory knuckles from people lifting their truck.

Just my personal opinion, I wouldn't lift a truck unless it was to play with, not just for looks. But, it's your truck so can't tell you what to do, just my opinion on it.

• Like 2

Cheapest route is going to be getting rid of the added leaf and swapping out the wheels for smaller wheels and a tire with more sidewall.

Biggest wheel i would go with would be an 18" and a 33" tire. Preferably P-rated since LT tires are going to ride rough.

Expensive route is going to be going back to stock height. More then likely will need steering knuckles, stock blocks, shocks, relocating front diff back to stock, etc.

If you have installed the lift yourself, why can't you just reverse the steps and done with it?

I'll never lift my truck. I'd have trouble to lift my balls that high of the ground... :rolleyes:

so long

j-ten-ner

Maybe if they weren't full all the time they wouldn't hang that low.

• Like 2

I saved all the parts I removed when I lifted my 2014, I put it back to stock leveled height when I traded it in.

I did have to weld crossmember back in , but overall it only took about 5 hours.

I will never lift another one.

So if I have the parts it is possible to bring it back to stock then? I got it lifted at a local shop, and didn't know too much about what went into lifting the truck so I didn't think to ask to keep any parts. The only thing I kept was stock tires. So unless by some crazy miracle the shop kept the parts, is it possible to buy whats needed?

Sell the truck and start over would be my suggestion. The turning radius is not just from the lift, Chevy's suck in that regard unfortunately. But what they do have over Ford and Ram is the ride quality. I've got a '15 crew cab with 6" pro comp lift and 35's also and I love the ride. Aside from small square edge bumps like changes in pavement at bridges, etc but that is more the LT rated tires than suspension/lift.

My opinion is it will cost more for you at this point to purchase the parts to change it back to stock, unless you can find someone willing to trade you for your lift and then in would be mutually beneficial to both parties. Regardless, best of luck to you with whatever you choose.

• Like 2

I currently have a 2015 GMC Sierra. It was my first truck, and I had to have it lifted. I have a 6" pro comp lift, with 35's.

It has now been a year since I lifted my truck, and I regret it with everything in me.

I hate the ride, turn radius, and not to mention how frustrating it is to load and unload things in the bed. My mpg sucks, and I am afraid I will be replacing many parts down the road.

My question for you experienced guys out there, is there anything I can do to get this truck lowered down?

I will break down the suspension lift, to the best of my knowledge to help you guys understand the problem. The front suspension used factory suspension, and has a 6" strut spacer above it. My rear suspension has larger shocks, an added leaf, and 6" blocks.

Is it possible to buy a 4" lift kit and have them swapped? Can I buy some factory parts, and have my truck restored to stock?

I am out of options and am open to any suggestions. Please help!!

Wanna trade trucks lol? if there was an easy way to swap suspension id say that hahahaa