Ordered a whipple! Anyone that's got any tips or insight plea

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that sucks. Two motors gone before the supercharger was even used? Should be a lot more potent with a built 416. Now your going to want to ditch your blower and go procharger F1 lol. Keep us updated.

FYI to anyone with a Whipple I've been in contact with innovators west and they have been working on an 8 rib setup for the ecotecs I will have it as soon as it's available (hopefully with 10% overdrive balancer). Just emailed Whipple to get a quote on all the related pulleys associated with the blower side of things. Should raise the capabilities of the 2.9 setup a great deal. I'll prolly run my 3.625 pulley for a while to get the tune dialed in(that's still almost an inch smaller than what they send in the kit as default) but after that I'll be dropping to a 2.75 or 3" depending on if the balancer I get is 10% or not.

Would love to see a video of this thing off the line once finished. What lift and suspension you running for the 37s? I've got a 6" kit with 35s on 3.42 gears. Would love to go 7-9" on 37s but I tow so wouldn't do that unless I had the Duramax or 4.56 gears and some performance mods on my 5.3l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an rc 7.5 at the moment which I would not recommend unless you get a set of rcv axles and double cardan shafts front and rear. I think I see an end in sight with my build so I will most likely keep it since I've addressed the most pertinent issues I had with it.

Tires are 37x13.5 20 stt pros on stock wheels. I'll be going back down to a 295 60 20 or 35x12.5 next go around but the 37 eat up any terrain even in 2wd

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were able to fit a much larger dual pass ic heat exchanger than whipple sends which I'm pretty pumped about. Specd by fast cody and made by four seasons radiator in Memphis

Of course the Black hx is the whipple

Also I had bought all the stuff to do the iat breakout but it was included In the kit. Also came with a varimax pump. They were doing wiring today (meth system, fuel pump, ic pump). Still have traction bars and gauges to install then we will be up and running

post-153651-0-22699800-1502149275_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived