Ordered a whipple! Anyone that's got any tips or insight plea

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to the shop today they got started in it and noticed my steering rack was shot so I ordered a Yukon rack and tie rod kit

any benefits to the yukon rack? im guessing it has a quicker ratio?

No just cheaper than oem. They said my stock rack looked like it had 180k miles on it. I seem to remember some drunken mud riding that at some point included cuttong diagonally across field rows

The rear magneride sensors came out of their mount and everything. So I'm going to chalk the worn rack up to abuse

Also a question. Is anyone aware that there is a different rack part number for nht trucks and it is actually cheaper. I wish I knew the difference and if they were cross compatible because it would save me 100 bucks

Same number as above but 1 on the end instead of 0

Ok so this is some interesting info. If you read the whole thread you came across a post about my engine having a cracked piston yada yada well get this. My new engine already had a cracked piston at 3000 miles. Went to put the drop in forged pistons in and Found a gently scored cylinder....number 1 same as before.

Whether it be the tune by Lewis that caused it or an injector or just bad gas...I don't know. But I just dropped 8k on a Texas speed 416 and head porting.

Oh and 750 on 37"

Archived