What is the biggest/widest tire without lift on 16 1500 z71

On 1/9/2017 at 9:00 AM, Sierra 5.3 said:

If you do that, you can start with the attachment. This is everything I have gathered so far.

EDIT: A little more detail about the attachment. I gathered as much information as I could from multiple threads and tons of pages from this site. I had to guess on some things (lift/level is front, or both, which I assumed if it was over 3" then the rear was probably modified some how). Not everyone included all details within their post, hence the "????" answers. Very few listed spacers. This is why I included the user name, so if you had questions you could reach out to the person and see what they did with their setup. I felt like I gathered the most important things that would be asked, if it was provided. I tried to get a bunch of different lift sizes and makers. I know that the majority is 2-2.5" levels, but that is what the majority of users do. I filtered the list on tire size, as I felt that was the most important with this topic and you can see what tire size fits with what set-up. Any more insight is accepted, I just used this as a starting point. This will be a growing list as more unique setups are built. Shout out to coke813 for the idea.

Wheel&Tire Set_ups.pdf

Wheel&Tire Set_ups.pdf

Wheel&Tire Set_ups.pdf 95.6 kB · 251 downloads

Wheel&Tire Set_ups.pdf 95.6 kB · 251 downloads

So, the problem with this form is there isn't a lot of functionality for the average user.  The data needs to be sorted another way to be useful and there needs to me heaps more of it.  What you need for proper information design is for a user like me to be able to move through an information tree; Excel and the other apps that present the same information in a numerical format are super inefficient and just plain misleading.
What would be useful would be a tree of questions that we often see in jokes.  As the user answered the questions he'd be moving closer to the answer he seeks by being subgrouped again and again into groups of people with which he shares an increasingly similar pickup.   Something like this.

Is your truck a 1500 or 2500?  That answer splits the users off into subgroups.  

Each subgroup is asked questions necessary to narrow the group again.  Is your tuck lifted?  This splits the groups again; the user is moved to a subgroup with whom he shares more similarities.

Then perhaps is your truck 4WD? 

Then perhaps is your suspension stock?

Then perhaps is your truck Lifted/"leveled", Stock, or lowered if not stock?

If "Yes" then how much in front?  How much in rear?  Or it's stock or lowered.  That narrows again.

Then last I suppose some wild cards like have you added larger fenders or cut the body around the wheels etc.

Get the idea?

Then everyone on the site should be asked to fill it out for a permanent White Paper area like IBM does, or used to do.

Then you'd have a guy like me who has narrowed the information down to what is useful to me instead of me having to convert the file to Excel (at least a third of the population hates to work with information in that format) and then asking my wife to sort it down to what is useful for our pickup. 

And someone will then surely just start posting what will work on specific pickups.  When I see the list of what works on my pickup I'd post it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 5:11 PM, stevejones said:

Sounds awesome!  When will you have it done?

I'm in Design, not Maintenance.  So let me know when you get someone to finish it and I'll be back to pop off with more opinions carried on the rarified air from where I speak.  😁