Removing silver plastic trim around air vents

Hey guys, does anybody know how to remove the silver plastic trim that fits around the driver and passenger air vents. I removed the silver trim around the radio very easily so I could camo it, but the side vent ones seem much harder to remove. I tried popping them off, but I felt like I was going to break them, so I stopped. Has anyone removed them successfully? If so, any suggestions? I uploaded a picture of the plastic around the radio and what I did to it.post-165351-0-76798200-1484426982_thumb.jpgpost-165351-0-41283000-1484426985_thumb.jpg

post-165351-0-76798200-1484426982_thumb.jpg

post-165351-0-41283000-1484426985_thumb.jpg

Are they far left and right? If so they pop off after you remove the end panels. Very tight though.

Yes they are. Ok thanks. I'll have to give it a shot and see what I can do. I just didn't want to snap them in half on accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, does anybody know how to remove the silver plastic trim that fits around the driver and passenger air vents. I removed the silver trim around the radio very easily so I could camo it, but the side vent ones seem much harder to remove. I tried popping them off, but I felt like I was going to break them, so I stopped. Has anyone removed them successfully? If so, any suggestions? I uploaded a picture of the plastic around the radio and what I did to it.attachicon.gifIMG_0512.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0513.JPG

How did you do the camo? I been wanting to do this since the realtree edition came out.

How did you do the camo? I been wanting to do this since the realtree edition came out.

I found some camo vinyl sticker sheets on Amazon for $10. I just used a hair dryer to warm up the sticker so it could be molded around the curves without creasing. The camo stickers were square though so I had to cut out the shape by hand. To make it fit the bezel.

It would be much better to hydrodip the bezel in camo. It would be more expensive but it would probably look better and be more durable. And also be less of a hassle to apply. But I'm cheap so I used the $10 Amazon option.

Here's a picture before the orange piping was installed. Also if you look close you'll notice that the camo pattern is tipped on its side instead of vertical like it's supposed to be. I guess I want paying attention. 2cfeee5641dfbd05bd7e06893633816f.jpgd846467f044ce6b1bfce688bd6f16605.jpg

Edited by Ricks Munn
  • Like 1

I found some camo vinyl sticker sheets on Amazon for $10. I just used a hair dryer to warm up the sticker so it could be molded around the curves without creasing. The camo stickers were square though so I had to cut out the shape by hand. To make it fit the bezel.

It would be much better to hydrodip the bezel in camo. It would be more expensive but it would probably look better and be more durable. And also be less of a hassle to apply. But I'm cheap so I used the $10 Amazon option.

Here's a picture before the orange piping was installed. Also if you look close you'll notice that the camo pattern is tipped on its side instead of vertical like it's supposed to be. I guess I want paying attention. 2cfeee5641dfbd05bd7e06893633816f.jpgd846467f044ce6b1bfce688bd6f16605.jpg

Thanks, I think it looks great! I'm definitely gonna look into doing mine.

Thanks, I think it looks great! I'm definitely gonna look into doing mine.

I would suggest it. I really like mine. I would also suggest doing the orange piping around the outside like the first pictures I posted. It's super cheap off eBay.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Camo either but that looks bad ass dude!

Notice you don't have heated seats either are your wires there as well? I just popped mine off as I'm stealing your sticker application idea and noticed to wires plugged into nothing, assuming its the heated seats.....?

Not a fan of Camo either but that looks bad ass dude!

Notice you don't have heated seats either are your wires there as well? I just popped mine off as I'm stealing your sticker application idea and noticed to wires plugged into nothing, assuming its the heated seats.....?

Yeah there were wires plugged into the back of the bezel even though I don't heated seats.

• 1 year later...

So has anyone found a good video of removing just the silver trim piece that goes AROUND the side air vents on a 2014+ ? 

One of Jorge's vid's mentions it in passing, but I'd like to remove it to vinyl wrap it, but don't want to pop out the side/fuse panel, then pop out the entire vent assy, only to find I can't separate JUST the silver outer part so I can wrap it easily.  I also would rather not try to vinyl it in place.........

Thoughts or suggestions?

if you're asking about the driver's side vent trim.. remove fuse panel door, pop vent/trim panel straight out, if you want to remove the piece with the headlight buttons it is held with pressure clips to the vent/trim panel