Turing off the remote locking tailgate?

OK, I don't want my tailgate on the remote. I am in construction and I need the tailgate to be accessible to my workers when I am not around and I don't want the hassle of unlocking it every time I lock my truck. Is there a way to disable it from the settings or maybe re programming it in the computer? I guess I could always take apart the tailgate and snip the wire leading to the solenoid but I would rather not do it that way. Any ideas?

Thanks

It unlocks on the second press of the remote. Something to try would be to lock the truck with the remote and then come back and unlock the tailgate with the key.

If you open the tailgate and see the wire harness is in the center of the truck at the bottom of the tailgate. It goes about a foot in under the truck by the spare tire and you can just unplug it from the block. You can also unplug it by removing the access cover on the tailgate. The keyless entry settings on the radio you can only set it to unlock just the drivers door on one press or unlock all doors on one press.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep tried it. The next time I locked the doors the tailgate locked again. I really don't like this feature either. A key lock is great, I don't need a power locking tailgate......

Edited by Dirtbiker

I'm in and out of my bed all day, lock the doors with the remote, tailgate included, then unlock the tailgate with key, doors stay locked. Any time you lock the doors again, yes the tailgate will lock again. Tailgate theft is high down here, I like the locking feature.

• 3 weeks later...

I know how to make it not lock any more when you lock the pickup. I got tried of it with in the first week I bought my 2016 duramax and I toke the tail gate panel off and unplug the power wire to the lock and then put the tail gate panel back on the locking tail gate don't lock any more, and I have toke it to the dealer for my free first oil change and they check my pick up over at 5000 miles and they didn't say 1 word about unplug the tailgate lock

I know how to make it not lock any more when you lock the pickup. I got tried of it with in the first week I bought my 2016 duramax and I toke the tail gate panel off and unplug the power wire to the lock and then put the tail gate panel back on the locking tail gate don't lock any more, and I have toke it to the dealer for my free first oil change and they check my pick up over at 5000 miles and they didn't say 1 word about unplug the tailgate lock

Does that also disable the back up camera or does it still work?