2016 Silverado w/t mirror upgrade

I have a 2016 Silverado w/t with only power option. I am wanting to upgrade to tow mirrors and would like to know what my options are. I would love to go to the new 2016 tow mirrors with blinkers and led but I need to know if that is an option. Does anyone have any info on this and maybe someone has a diagram of my wiring harness and the 2016 tow mirror diagram. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Silverado w/t with only power option. I am wanting to upgrade to tow mirrors and would like to know what my options are. I would love to go to the new 2016 tow mirrors with blinkers and led but I need to know if that is an option. Does anyone have any info on this and maybe someone has a diagram of my wiring harness and the 2016 tow mirror diagram. Thanks in advance

Do you have power mirrors? Not power Folding but power adjusting rather?

Also - If you can get me a picture of the body side door connector, I can tell you if you can. I haven't worked with a WT truck yet... but willing to get give it a shot.

Here is what would be involved:

Open the Driver Door. You'll see this boot/connector. Remove this connector. I don't need a picture of the connector itself but would need to see its mate. With the connector removed, use your phone and try to take a couple of shots (might need more than one to capture all the pins) that show the pins.

9241dc2a3b32d76f1fafbd7ced17c90c.jpg

a6b2839ef513dfbfb711a466a7345858.jpg

5343deccb87609e85a626d6f5c2581e7.jpg

38b98dbf43c457891b29aaa241f8125c.jpg

Here is what it would look like:

e505257083d43c5494988647c29aa13e.jpg

These are the pins we are looking for:

8251c0b6d4291a3991b341198cac5b0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what he's working on ^^^^

But to date you have needed to swap both door harness and add the mirrors, not necessarily cheap but it can be done.
Interested to see how this goes

I don't know what he's working on ^^^^

But to date you have needed to swap both door harness and add the mirrors, not necessarily cheap but it can be done.

Interested to see how this goes

Even with the dl3 harnesses you still don't have 100% functionality. With pgamboa's custom harnesses, everything is plug and play. You just need the mirrors, folding switch and Phil's custom harnesses. It looks like the WT has the required pins on the body side plug. Pgamboa has the kit needed for this mod in the FS section now. All you would need is the switch.

• 1 year later...

Was there a final verdict on upgrading a WT? I have a new to me 2016 Sierra 2500 that came with newer mirrors that are not hooked up is my guess.  The truck originally came with DE2 mirrors and somebody put on mirrors that have the blinker, running lights and side lights that I know of but none of it is working.  I was needing to know how to tell what kind of mirrors I have now DPN or DQS and what I would need to activate them.  I have pin 1, 2, 3, 9, 11, and 41.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Like 1

Was there a final verdict on upgrading a WT? I have a new to me 2016 Sierra 2500 that came with newer mirrors that are not hooked up is my guess.  The truck originally came with DE2 mirrors and somebody put on mirrors that have the blinker, running lights and side lights that I know of but none of it is working.  I was needing to know how to tell what kind of mirrors I have now DPN or DQS and what I would need to activate them.  I have pin 1, 2, 3, 9, 11, and 41.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PM Me. I have some several WT trucks with DE2 mirrors to Tow Mirrors and even gained power fold.

If you have power windows, you can upgrade.

• 1 year later...

Hey- I also have a 2016 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax WT- I have power windows, power locks and tow package- but no power at all to the mirrors. THe dealer tells me there is no way to upgrade- I will check the harness- thank you for the pictures!

BTW- if I can upgrade, what do I need to get?? And from where?

On 9/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, pgamboa said:

PM Me. I have some several WT trucks with DE2 mirrors to Tow Mirrors and even gained power fold.

If you have power windows, you can upgrade.

21 minutes ago, Anne Ross said:

Hey- I also have a 2016 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax WT- I have power windows, power locks and tow package- but no power at all to the mirrors. THe dealer tells me there is no way to upgrade- I will check the harness- thank you for the pictures!

Welcome to the site.

He will see now that you were asking him a question.

I have done this upgrade MANY times :).

I can supply you with all you need. The kits runs around $510. Not including mirrors. This is custom door harnesses, driver door panel harness, new bezel, switch. I can also supply mirrors as well. Pricing differs from $495-$555 manual fold or $1058 for power fold.

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2012 gmc Sierra reg cab wt. It has pw, pdl, cc, steering wheel controls but has de2 manual mirrors. Is it possible to add power mirrors. I don't need power folding although that would be nice I mainly want power mirrors with defroster if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

18 hours ago, Eroracing said:

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2012 gmc Sierra reg cab wt. It has pw, pdl, cc, steering wheel controls but has de2 manual mirrors. Is it possible to add power mirrors. I don't need power folding although that would be nice I mainly want power mirrors with defroster if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Check out harnessdr.com.
@pgamboa has some great upgrade harnesses.
You'll have to source the new mirrors separately.
The mirror controls, as well, I'm sure.

Edited by MikeBMW