2017 HD Hood Conversion

So my advice to anyone here, if you have the means, or if you are unfortunately like I was & had a head-on-collision, get the hood. I was gonna do the hood anyway, but since the accident, everything had to be replaced anyway. So the shop looked up the parts & cost & told me it's not going to matter much if he did the 2019 parts..... The only couple of things that were more expensive were the hood (which we knew, cuz of the added parts for it), The headlights & Aux Driving lights, or some people call them "Foglights"..... I really feel like I'm 5 again & it's Christmas & I can see my gifts under the tree, just can't touch them yet..... LOL. But hands down TY to the people that did the hood before me, if it wasn't for them, i might not have tried it......

22 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Looks so good! 

Thank you. I can't wait to see her inperson..... I have a funny feeling the pic doesn't do it full justice. And I haven't seen her in a month.... So it's really ganna feel like a new truck. LOL. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goeb34 said:

I just called my dealership and the parts guy said i may have to drill new holes, anybody else experience this?

My bodyshop guy had to get the 2500 hood springs, for two reasons, the 2500 hood is steel, not aluminum & the holes in the hood are in a diff spot. So long as u get them u should be good to go. I know we did a test fit before paint... In the last pic I threw up u can see its all done & the body lines are mint.... Do what I did & don't cut corners.... Any other questions ill try to be of help. Is your truck a Sierra? Or Silverado? I only ask cuz I've read with the Silverado there is some other stuff u need to change as well. But being I've got the Sierra, i kinda didn't read up on it, sorry...

Edited by Jay's Denali

My bodyshop guy had to get the 2500 hood springs, for two reasons, the 2500 hood is steel, not aluminum & the holes in the hood are in a diff spot. So long as u get them u should be good to go. I know we did a test fit before paint... In the last pic I threw up u can see its all done & the body lines are mint.... Do what I did & don't cut corners.... Any other questions ill try to be of help. Is your truck a Sierra? Or Silverado? I only ask cuz I've read with the Silverado there is some other stuff u need to change as well. But being I've got the Sierra, i kinda didn't read up on it, sorry...

I have a 2014 sierra 1500, ive also worried about the water trap rubbing on something underneath when its closed

13 hours ago, Abe879 said:

Does anyone know if this conversion would work on 14-15 Silverado 1500?

No, you'd have to convert to the 2015+ HD front end to add the HD hood.  It doesn't line up with the 14-15 1500 grille or headlight trim.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...