2017 HD Hood Conversion

Well I got everything today, the part number for the hood hinges are wrong, it's for a regular aluminum good, not the steel hood. I still have to find the HD hood spring part number The springs are way bigger in the HD.

You also don't need the 84097791 or 84097792 as it's the same that's on the truck already.

Ok, so I got my good painted (I'm a painter)

And it seems there is some weird thing going on with the part numbers. We ordered new HD springs, the ones listed in the beginning won't fit. The HD hood hinges are longer and the bolt holes are spaced a farther apart than 1500s. It we got in 2 sets with the same part number that are different.... Pretty dumb on Gm's part.

I still haven't got the air box.

Also keep in mind it's not a perfect fit, the HD grills have a slightly different shape at the grill. It's just slight and not really noticeable but it's there if you are looking.

Either way, thanks to the op, it looks great on our trucks, I had lots of people stoping by to take a peek lol

zCNuUt.jpg

• Like 5

Ok, so I got my good painted (I'm a painter)

And it seems there is some weird thing going on with the part numbers. We ordered new HD springs, the ones listed in the beginning won't fit. The HD hood hinges are longer and the bolt holes are spaced a farther apart than 1500s. It we got in 2 sets with the same part number that are different.... Pretty dumb on Gm's part.

I still haven't got the air box.

Also keep in mind it's not a perfect fit, the HD grills have a slightly different shape at the grill. It's just slight and not really noticeable but it's there if you are looking.

Either way, thanks to the op, it looks great on our trucks, I had lots of people stoping by to take a peek lol

zCNuUt.jpg

I guess it would fit the 2014-15 better, bc it's the older style. Any one doing one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what's different but this exact hood on a 2500 we had in for repair is perfect and on my 17 has a slightly bigger gap around the middle bends of the hood that would be impossible to adjust to fit.

It's pretty damn close though. Close enough that I'd fully recommend doing it. I was out tonight and had 3 different people come up and ask me about it.

• Like 1

It's metal. Yes I have a cold air intake so It worked out.

How does the air from the top and center of the engine bay affect the intake on the front right corner?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

I love this look!

Curious... did you have some visual vibration at higher speeds? Around 80-85 on my OE hood, I can see some vibration in the hood in the back towards the cowl, where the little lip comes up.

Since the HD hood rises up instead of drops down, wondering if this may be different

Well I got everything today, the part number for the hood hinges are wrong, it's for a regular aluminum good, not the steel hood. I still have to find the HD hood spring part number The springs are way bigger in the HD.

You also don't need the 84097791 or 84097792 as it's the same that's on the truck already.

Could you provide the correct part numbers. The ones that I have are the ones on my invoice and knowing how bad the guys at the parts department are I'm not surprised that they are wrong. But as far as parts go they are not the same ones that I removed from my truck hinges and springs are bigger. I ordered everything using a vin out of one truck that they had in stock but it was a headache dealing with the parts people. They were no help. And kept ordering wrong parts so that might explain why the numbers don't match.

How does the air from the top and center of the engine bay affect the intake on the front right corner?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

1dd4007830698c2739cbb720b7b3e712.jpg

d922c8f2f3a8a5f9818b02c263e59343.jpg

I have a Volant cold air intake just removed the cover on it for the air to go in.

Could you provide the correct part numbers. The ones that I have are the ones on my invoice and knowing how bad the guys at the parts department are I'm not surprised that they are wrong. But as far as parts go they are not the same ones that I removed from my truck hinges and springs are bigger. I ordered everything using a vin out of one truck that they had in stock but it was a headache dealing with the parts people. They were no help. And kept ordering wrong parts so that might explain why the numbers don't match.

Ya the hinges part numbers are right, the ones I got were labeled with those numbers but were 1500 hinges. The 2500s are bigger. In my case I just went to the parts room and found another set of 2500 ones and they had the same part number, so someone at GM messed up lol.

My springs are not here yet, I will take a pic of them with part number when I get them this week. The 1500 springs are psychically too small and won't attach to the 2500 bracket. The 2500s springs are a gold Color and twice the size.

Ya the hinges part numbers are right, the ones I got were labeled with those numbers but were 1500 hinges. The 2500s are bigger. In my case I just went to the parts room and found another set of 2500 ones and they had the same part number, so someone at GM messed up lol.

My springs are not here yet, I will take a pic of them with part number when I get them this week. The 1500 springs are psychically too small and won't attach to the 2500 bracket. The 2500s springs are a gold Color and twice the size.

Thank you. The springs that I got aren't gold but they are bigger than the ones I removed and bolted on with no problem. But I am interested to know if the ones that you are getting are different.