Where do you keep you gun while driving?

I have a shield 9mm that I carry most of the time but if I need a smaller gun then that to conceal it better I carry my LCP II. Its not that its terrible uncomfortable so much as a lot of times I cant carry in the places I am going so either I holster up just to drive somewhere or I pull it out of the center console and put it somewhere that I can draw from quickly. It makes little sense to holster up for my 3 mile drive from work to class (both of which I can not carry into) so I just want to put it somewhere that makes it readily accessible

I have a shield 9mm that I carry most of the time but if I need a smaller gun then that to conceal it better I carry my LCP II. Its not that its terrible uncomfortable so much as a lot of times I cant carry in the places I am going so either I holster up just to drive somewhere or I pull it out of the center console and put it somewhere that I can draw from quickly. It makes little sense to holster up for my 3 mile drive from work to class (both of which I can not carry into) so I just want to put it somewhere that makes it readily accessible

Yea I can understand that. That shield is definitely not too much gun. It's basically the same size as the Glock 43. I have a shield and I love it. Just haven't found a holster I like for it, well one that I can get without waiting 8 weeks.

I'll tell you what I do. If I am going in somewhere I can't carry I'll take the gun and place it in the center console until I'm back in the truck and on my way. When I am in an area that is notorious for having a higher crime rate or just plain "sketchy" I will actually take the Glock 21 out of the console and stick the muzzle end in the cup holder for very fast and easy access. Once I'm out of the area I normally stick it back in the console.

Glock 20 or Springfield XD tactical in holster on my belt. Ruger Lcp+ in my bag on front seat. S&W MP40 in center console. Over 100 rounds in mags for all

sometimes I throw a ruger Lcr in my jacket pocket if I need really lightweight or an sp101

Edited by trik396
  • Like 1

Glock 20 or Springfield XD tactical in holster on my belt. Ruger Lcp+ in my bag on front seat. S&W MP40 in center console. Over 100 rounds in mags for all

sometimes I throw a ruger Lcr in my jacket pocket if I need really lightweight or an sp101

Damn son!

I've commented on this topic before and while there are numerous options the best is on your person. I'm an average size guy and carry a Glock 43 or if I know I'm going somewhere sketchy I carry a M&P 9. Both appendix carry. Appendix is great for the truck as you can hike your pants up when you get in and it sits nicely so it doesn't dig too much while allowing for seatbelt wear and quick access if needed.

You could try something like an under wheel mount (https://www.etsy.com/shop/HolsterBuddy) or a Vanguard (http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-holster-system/) plus mount. I would recommend not using a magnet, in an accident that thing is gonna go flying.

Long rides on the highway means you can store it in the glovebox or armrest (with trigger guard minimum). If you're driving quickly around town suck it up and be a little uncomfortable.

Also, not to sound like a dick, but if you're so "fluffy" you can't carry for short trips in your truck then where to store the gun should be the last of your worries. Protecting yourself means more than carrying a gun.

I've commented on this topic before and while there are numerous options the best is on your person. I'm an average size guy and carry a Glock 43 or if I know I'm going somewhere sketchy I carry a M&P 9. Both appendix carry. Appendix is great for the truck as you can hike your pants up when you get in and it sits nicely so it doesn't dig too much while allowing for seatbelt wear and quick access if needed.

You could try something like an under wheel mount (https://www.etsy.com/shop/HolsterBuddy) or a Vanguard (http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-holster-system/) plus mount. I would recommend not using a magnet, in an accident that thing is gonna go flying.

Long rides on the highway means you can store it in the glovebox or armrest (with trigger guard minimum). If you're driving quickly around town suck it up and be a little uncomfortable.

Also, not to sound like a dick, but if you're so "fluffy" you can't carry for short trips in your truck then where to store the gun should be the last of your worries. Protecting yourself means more than carrying a gun.

agreed... Carrying a firearm is comforting..... not comfortable

agreed... Carrying a firearm is comforting..... not comfortable

I am so happy that I live in an environment where carrying a firearm (or even owning one) would make me very uncomfortable! I agree that being concealed on your person is the logical placement. I find that leaving items such as wallets and phones in concealed places in my truck tend to get forgotten. I imagine the same would apply for a gun!

I am so happy that I live in an environment where carrying a firearm (or even owning one) would make me very uncomfortable! I agree that being concealed on your person is the logical placement. I find that leaving items such as wallets and phones in concealed places in my truck tend to get forgotten. I imagine the same would apply for a gun!

Many people live in areas they don't feel like they would need a firearm. That feeling alone doesn't mean you are more or less safe. I bet people in Paris and London (both areas where it is insanely hard to get firearms) felt similar to how you feel. "That will never happen here." "I'm so glad we live in a safe area where only the police have firearms." etc.

Hopefully you will never be in a situation where you regret your decision not to carry. Personally I don't want to ever put myself in that situation.

No offense but you live in a dream world

• Like 1

Where does everybody keep their guns while driving? I saw a post not long ago where somebody had bought one of those magnets and attached it to the forward facing portion of the front center seat. I just purchased this magnet myself but I am not sure where I want to put it yet. My biggest concern is being involved in an accident and have a loaded weapon flying about. I keep it in my door in my 07 and got rear ended and when I looked down it was pointed right up at me and I didn't like that at all. I also thought about getting one of those steering column holster setups but I am not sure if I like those either. Anybody have any good spots. I keep it on my right now but in the event I needed it while I was in the vehicle I would have a hard time drawing it out quickly and there has been a large increase in car jackings in my area in the last year so I would like to have it readily accessible.

lol ! Only someone else from Oklahoma would be asking a question like this !

If you have bucket seats with a center console, pull up the cup holder and look at the hidey hole under it. I "have heard" this would be a good place to hide one.....

lol ! Only someone else from Oklahoma would be asking a question like this !

If you have bucket seats with a center console, pull up the cup holder and look at the hidey hole under it. I "have heard" this would be a good place to hide one.....

I live in t-town too lol