Where do you keep you gun while driving?

I keep mine on me IWB carry at about 3-3:30. My carry rotates, situation dependant, between a G32,G26,Shield .40, and a Sig C3. Everyone is different but this is comfortable for me all day in that position. We do a 10 hour drive to the in-laws a few times a year and I make the drive with a Sig 226 on one side and a mag/flashlight combo(with kids night driving works better) at 9:00 without issues.

Something worth mentioning, a good belt/holster setup will make the largest gun easy to carry, conversely a standard belt and cheap/poorly designed holster will make carrying a smaller gun uncomfortable. You need a belt that was designed to support the load of a weapon. The same is true with the holster, all of the one size fits many, with the mediocre at best clip on it is not going to cut it. You need something that keeps the weapon secure in the holster and keeps the holster from shifting around as you move. A good holster/belt combo will usually run $150-$200, if your having issues and you realize that your rig cost you $40 that's probably your problem.

Last thing to point out. I realize that keeping the gun out in the truck might seem like an advantage in a car jacking situation but action beats reaction every time. IOW if the car jacket managed to get the initial drop on you, your hand is played if they see the gun. They were planning on taking the vehicle nice and easy but now they see you are armed the situation is escalated. On the other hand if you were concealed you can make the choice to just let them have the truck or go for the draw while you are getting out and now the element of surprise is on your side. While I've never been car jacked, or accosted while in my vehicle I can not imagine a situation where it would ever be advantageous to me to have to make an obvious motion such as open the console or start reaching down under the seat etc.

• Like 2

I can shoot either or. I wanted a left hand to keep my right hand free in case I needed to put it in gear or crank the truck up etc. the good thing is I can swap it out for my G27/29 if need be. Really easy just unscrew the 3 Allen bolts. I've never had any issues with it hitting my knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ship4Brains

I live in the biggest city here in ND. Never once would I ever think I should be armed. Not to say nothing is ever going to happen but I feel pretty safe here. I certainly hope nobody ever has to use theirs but statistically speaking people do in fact need it.

I live in the biggest city here in ND. Never once would I ever think I should be armed. Not to say nothing is ever going to happen but I feel pretty safe here. I certainly hope nobody ever has to use theirs but statistically speaking people do in fact need it.

I have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen. Do you?

I'm not planning on having a fire but you never know

• Like 3

I made a kydex setup that fits above my sunshade you can't see the gun period parked. Sig 290 and it's quick to get if I need it.

I used two iwb holster clips that grab from the top just enough if you look you'll see them but to most people they will think it's a sun glass clip.

Best part I. An still use my sun visor if I really really have to. So far it hasn't slammed down over bumps as well and it takes all of a second to draw and shoot if need be with my right hand.

• Like 1

I have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen. Do you?

I'm not planning on having a fire but you never know

Haha, I guess by the previous logic we don't need locks on our houses and truck doors either.

• Like 2

I made a kydex setup that fits above my sunshade you can't see the gun period parked. Sig 290 and it's quick to get if I need it.

I used two iwb holster clips that grab from the top just enough if you look you'll see them but to most people they will think it's a sun glass clip.

Best part I. An still use my sun visor if I really really have to. So far it hasn't slammed down over bumps as well and it takes all of a second to draw and shoot if need be with my right hand.

Please show a pic of this !!!

Edited by trik396

I do in fact have one.

Good! Makes sense doesn't it? Now I'm sure you are not planning on having a fire, correct? But it's cheap insurance.

So saying you feel safe without having a firearm is really throwing caution to the wind, no ?

I'm just try to get a point across and I mean no disrespect

Good! Makes sense doesn't it? Now I'm sure you are not planning on having a fire, correct? But it's cheap insurance.

So saying you feel safe without having a firearm is really throwing caution to the wind, no ?

I'm just try to get a point across and I mean no disrespect

Point taken