Where do you keep you gun while driving?

i am not fond of having my pistol or ammo exposed to open view, I keep a zippered leather duffle on the rear center hump (crew cab) with plenty of ammo to hold it in place and can reach inside easily at any time if needed. It comes out and goes with me incognito in case I need it outside the vehicle. Why would anyone want to have their hand gun and ammo exposed like in the post above?

i am not fond of having my pistol or ammo exposed to open view, I keep a zippered leather duffle on the rear center hump (crew cab) with plenty of ammo to hold it in place and can reach inside easily at any time if needed. It comes out and goes with me incognito in case I need it outside the vehicle. Why would anyone want to have their hand gun and ammo exposed like in the post above?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't leave it exposed when not in vehicle.

• 2 years later...
24 minutes ago, Cudda said:

I keep a little 9mm (loaded...in the bottom half of center console. Along with 2 loaded mags and about 30 Xtra rounds.

This how I roll when I’m solo, if I have the family with me i keep it on me in the 3/4 ’o clock position don’t need my kids trying to grab my gun... my truck is lifted so it’s not like anybody can really see it unless your at my window looking inside which then I’d probably have it in my hand lol I carry lc9s and shield9 both are my EDC guns if ima be going anywhere I’ll have one of the two on me all time unless 30.07/30.06 

099A7528-90AA-4D0B-B2DE-0080476E052A.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214

I keep my PX4sc in the top glove box. With an extra mag. Easy to reach over and grab by myself and easy for my wife to grab if I need her to. Then when not in the vehicle simply lock it and good to go. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, Frankielozano214 said:

This how I roll when I’m solo, if I have the family with me i keep it on me in the 3/4 ’o clock position don’t need my kids trying to grab my gun... my truck is lifted so it’s not like anybody can really see it unless your at my window looking inside which then I’d probably have it in my hand lol I carry lc9s and shield9 both are my EDC guns if ima be going anywhere I’ll have one of the two on me all time unless 30.07/30.06 

099A7528-90AA-4D0B-B2DE-0080476E052A.jpeg

Frankie, what kind of a holster is that?  I use a Galco holster in a similar fashion in the cup holder in my door, works great but isn't the best location for readiness.  It is a bit too deep with the stitching to fit in that orientation in my jump seat, works fine if 3-o'clock or 9-o'clock, but again, orientation there doesn't afford ease of grab when in a situation.

Edited by xSHIFTxNASTYx
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Frankie, what kind of a holster is that?  I use a Galco holster in a similar fashion in the cup holder in my door, works great but isn't the best location for readiness.  It is a bit too deep with the stitching to fit in that orientation in my jump seat, works fine if 3-o'clock or 9-o'clock, but again, orientation there doesn't afford ease of grab when in a situation.

Blade tech I ordered it off amazon I think, was cheap actually really comfortable in the 3/4o’clock position, I’ve even had it on me at this go cart birthday party for my son ? “yes I rode the go carts with it on” didn’t bother me much but this is also a small pistol “LC9S” 

Edited by Frankielozano214

24 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Blade tech I ordered it off amazon I think, was cheap actually really comfortable in the 3/4o’clock position, I’ve even had it on me at this go cart birthday party for my son ? “yes I rode the go carts with it on” didn’t bother me much but this is also a small pistol “LC9S” 

Nice.  I was just looking at some of those holsters the other day.  I kind of figured that is what that holster is or at least close to.  I carry a VP9 so I don't know how that would fit as most retail stores don't seem to carry very many H&K accessories.  I use a Crossbreed Supertuck but like I said in a different post, that isn't the most accessible place when needing it while driving.  I will have to shop around and see if I can find a Blade Tech VP9 holster to at least try out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Nice.  I was just looking at some of those holsters the other day.  I kind of figured that is what that holster is or at least close to.  I carry a VP9 so I don't know how that would fit as most retail stores don't seem to carry very many H&K accessories.  I use a Crossbreed Supertuck but like I said in a different post, that isn't the most accessible place when needing it while driving.  I will have to shop around and see if I can find a Blade Tech VP9 holster to at least try out.

I got a few holsters but that’s the only iwb holster I have and it’s actually comfortable and easy to get out but Secure enough not to worry about slipping or movement. It’s my Grand Power Xcalibur that feel like it’s huge When I have it holstered in my safariland holster feels like a  RoboCop gun lol need find another holster that doesn’t feel so bulky 

4DF02B5E-3C15-4793-9066-3D2536197122.jpeg