Weather Channel App for Intellilink/myLink

I recently added all three of the thus-far available apps to my Intellilink. The only one that I really like...and I really like it is the Weather Channel App. I still have the 90 day free preview of Sirius/XM Radio (which I don't plan to continue), but I believe that the Weather Channel App is significantly better than XM Weather (although both are better than nothing). I take a couple of extended trips towing our 1991 Airstream travel trailer each year and when the weather is marginal, it sure is nice to be able to see the radar image and anticipate what lies ahead. A snapshot of the current weather for your present location (based on GPS), an hourly type forecast for the next twelve hours, plus the 5 day forecast and radar based precipitation (3 ranges) are all available. Also, it's very easy to add other locations of interest to you and pull up the same information for those locations. Take a look at some pictures that I took a few days ago to get an idea of what's available.

20170329_130213.jpg

Added mini-Icon for Weather Channel on Nav Screen.

20170329_125928.jpg

Snapshot of Weather at Present Location

20170329_125922.jpg

Short-term Forecast

20170329_125912.jpg

Five Day Forecast

20170329_125901.jpg

Radar Return Showing Light Rain on Closest Range

Edited by Steve Bryant
  • Like 1

I recently added all three of the thus-far available apps to my Intellilink. The only one that I really like...and I really like it is the Weather Channel App. I still have the 90 day free preview of Sirius/XM Radio (which I don't plan to continue), but I believe that the Weather Channel App is significantly better than XM Weather (although both are better than nothing). I take a couple of extended trips towing our 1991 Airstream travel trailer each year and when the weather is marginal, it sure is nice to be able to see the radar image and anticipate what lies ahead. A snapshot of the current weather for your present location (based on GPS), an hourly type forecast for the next twelve hours, plus the 5 day forecast and radar based precipitation (3 ranges) are all available. Also, it's very easy to add other locations of interest to you and pull up the same information for those locations. Take a look at some pictures that I took a few days ago to get an idea of what's available.

20170329_130213.jpg

Added mini-Icon for Weather Channel on Nav Screen.

20170329_125928.jpg

Snapshot of Weather at Present Location

20170329_125922.jpg

Short-term Forecast

20170329_125912.jpg

Five Day Forecast

20170329_125901.jpg

Radar Return Showing Light Rain on Closest Range

Kansas ftw! [emoji322][emoji869]

Couldn't agree more. I got the app the day I got my truck (during the obligatory press every button procedure) and I really like it... Sometimes it's pretty slow loading, but it's a nice clean app [emoji106]

Ps. Have you docked a shortcut to the app up top? How did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Skidsareforkids

How do you get the app? Can you add to a 2014?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go to the screen that says shop. Press the Shop Icon and accept the terms, etc. and then add the Weather Channel. I don't know if it works for a 2014/15/15. Take a look at this:

Ps. Have you docked a shortcut to the app up top? How did you do that?

Yes, the shortcut is simply dragged up to the upper tray. The same video that I posted in the reply above demonstrates how to do this. You first have to drag the Icon up to the tray and then press the BACK button to exit the move icon mode and return to normal operation.

• Like 1

Yes, the shortcut is simply dragged up to the upper tray. The same video that I posted in the reply above demonstrates how to do this. You first have to drag the Icon up to the tray and then press the BACK button to exit the move icon mode and return to normal operation.

Lol! That seems obvious now I've watched the video... D'oh!

Thanks bud! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do you get the app? Can you add to a 2014?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you cannot add it to a 2014 or 2015 (well at least not stock -- if you get an HMI upgrade from MVI you can do it but that's a different story altogether).

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Steve Liles said:

You have to have wifi which I don't 2017. How do I use my phones 4G to make this work? Do I need to be plugged into a USB?

On my 18, I go to settings, go to wifi and then something like choose a network.  Your phone should show up ( among others) and choose it and link it to the phone.  You will have to enter the phones pass word which will display on your phone.