High country power steps

So got a good deal on some high country steps and now I'm trying to figure how I can wire them up they have a big harness and a big set of relays/ on board computer I don't understand why they needed so much but any have a way of getting the wiring or install diagram from or dealer of all the components . He gave me the bolts but no nuts or clips to bolt . Hoping I can get this set up kinda a impulse buy but if anything I'll just hook them up to power and power them out and bolt them on just without power and they'll just be out all the time

I heard the factory steps are incorporated into the BCM. You would be better off with some amp steps instead and just sell these if you can.

That would require custom reprogramming which could run into the hundreds of dollars alone.

I don't see why you couldn't wire up the high country boards the same way as the original amps did before they came out with the OBDII plug adapter. It'll probably require a lot of wiring, but i think it could be done.

They have to be enabled in the BCM so getting them to work just like factory isn't going to happen. If you can figure out the wiring from the Upfitter manual and add some relays you could probably make it work.

The relays I believe are on the steps I post some pictures tomorrow but to me if I couldn't get them to work like factory I'm okay with that . I would happy with just getting them on the truck hook them up to power just so they go out when you open the door like a amp step I would assume that should be simple one the wiring diagram is found

Edited by Boyd_835

The relays I believe are on the steps I post some pictures tomorrow but to me if I couldn't get them to work like factory I'm okay with that . I would happy with just getting them on the truck hook them up to power just so they go out when you open the door like a amp step I would assume that should be simple one the wiring diagram is found

I would agree. should be able to mount them up and then wire them up to each door

OP, its more complex than you realize, contact these guys, http://www.kptechnologies.com/.... and your welcome took me some serious research to find this lol

Amps are not that great, I owned a set... ok but not great. GM's tri mode no comparison best design bar none.

older GM GMT-900 series from the caddy's

KPT controller will by pass the BCM and use a timed control to deploy the boards, not sure how its going to work.

RetrofitPowerRunningBoardSchematic.png

Lastly GTPrix might be able to answer some questions for you since they do some coding for use on here.

Edited by camcamaro1991
  • Like 1

OP, its more complex than you realize, contact these guys, http://www.kptechnologies.com/.... and your welcome took me some serious research to find this lol

Amps are not that great, I owned a set... ok but not great. GM's tri mode no comparison best design bar none.

older GM GMT-900 series from the caddy's

KPT controller will by pass the BCM and use a timed control to deploy the boards, not sure how its going to work.

RetrofitPowerRunningBoardSchematic.png

Lastly GTPrix might be able to answer some questions for you since they do some coding for use on here.

Awesome ! I'm going to post some pics of the power leads and the control box

AC3C54C2-2592-4828-8420-A2F43609080A.jpg

31A15D09-7518-4BF8-BD64-935FCFC292EF.jpg

I am betting that GTPrix can you squared away with some BCM programming the other thing is switch on the center dash for deploying or /off mode. Please keep this thread going so that others may benefit from the how to!

I hope they can i wanted to talk with the other place first i sent them a email regarding it hopefully they get back to me soon. I wish i had a better chevy dealer who was more willing to work with me about getting this done. They really haven't wanted to help me move this project forward they just say it can't be done, which we all know stands for its to much work and i don't wanna help lol. If they would give me the wiring diagram for the factory parts with exploded parts list for the steps it would be enough to point me in the right direction.

Edited by Boyd_835