Felt like material on front wheel wells.

White Duallys come with white rear metal fender wells so the first thing I did when I got it home 18 months ago was take the wheels off and sprayed the white wheel wells with black plasti-dip. That has held up perfect and wipes clean with a damp cloth. Now the front of these trucks has this felt like material and debris sticks to it like s*** to a blanket and makes cleaning the wheel wells a lot of work. I have even used a clothes sticky roller to help get off some of the stuff that sticks on these. I am thinking of taking these liners out and spraying them with plastidip. The rear metal fender wells took 4 coats to do a real nice job, not sure how the felt like material will cover but before I try that I was wondering if anyone else has found a better solution. Thanks.

I agree they look great when they are clean. I have a lot of fir needles and other seeds that stick to the felt but I may try a stiffer brush to see if that helps. I don't want to risk my pressure washer doing damage so I just use my garden hose spray and that alone does not work. Thanks again.

I agree they look great when they are clean. I have a lot of fir needles and other seeds that stick to the felt but I may try a stiffer brush to see if that helps. I don't want to risk my pressure washer doing damage so I just use my garden hose spray and that alone does not work. Thanks again.

Nice, tough truck! A one ton, dually crew is the ultimate pickup, imo! I suggest washing your truck as normal and hose down the wheel wells as you have always done. Not every pine needle will come off but it will fall off (and be replaced) over time. Once I quit trying to make my wheel wells look like a bedroom carpet, I enjoyed washing my truck much more! Everyone compliments me on my clean truck and no one comments on the needles stuck behind my wheels!

Nice, tough truck! A one ton, dually crew is the ultimate pickup, imo! I suggest washing your truck as normal and hose down the wheel wells as you have always done. Not every pine needle will come off but it will fall off (and be replaced) over time. Once I quit trying to make my wheel wells look like a bedroom carpet, I enjoyed washing my truck much more! Everyone compliments me on my clean truck and no one comments on the needles stuck behind my wheels!

Thanks for the great advice. I don't wash the truck as often as I should but when I do I almost detail it but you are adsolutely right, a few pine needles stuck to the felt does not spoil the look of these beautiful pickups.

Funny thing about this big beast, she is so quiet and smooth I never really think of her as an HD pickup but with a 5400 pound payload, she really is. My SRW Diesel Ford F350s with their bone jarring front axle were rated to haul over a ton less weight but you always knew you were driving an HD pickup with those things.

About once a month I go to one of those drive-thru do-it-yourself car wash places and use the pressure washer on the felt. First the soap pressure washer and then the water pressure washer. Never had an issue and they clean up really nice.

There are tons of other threads on here talking about this. I personally like the felt and have never had any problems keeping them clean (and yes I drive through some nasty stuff!). I just use a pressure washer and shoot them until the runoff is clear.

I asked about the new fender well material and was told that Chevy had gotten a lot of complaints from folks about rock noise in the fender wells and this was their response to that. Pretty decent answer IMO even if they can be a pain to get clean. :D

I didn't like the carpet initially, but I've lived with it. I think it helps with the sound reduction you hear in the cab. One thing you could try, is the "never wet" products you can spray on pretty much anything to keep the water off. I'm sure it would help with road debris. Alternatively you could probably spray them with bed liner, which would make them indestructible, but may make road noise worse.

Archived