just ordered illuminated bowtie

On 11/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, CTShepp said:

Does the bowtie light up with the daytime running lights or just at night when the low beams are on?

Plug and play into your headlights harness. Go on with park lights. Pretty nice at dusk and dark, but useless during the day....

A02CB672-F2EE-459D-8805-38B4CDE81C62.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, Racindave said:

Plug and play into your headlights harness. Go on with park lights. Pretty nice at dusk and dark, but useless during the day....

So it's not on with DRL?  I'm picking mine up this week, and want to install it by Saturday.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

11 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Do you have the Part number . Thanks

OEM NEW Illuminated Bow Tie Emblem Kit Front Rear Black 2017 Silverado 84129741 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6BBWSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TSW5DbEZ9X37K

this is the one I got. I have a 2018

came with the harness and all. It was oem equipment. 

Edited by Racindave

15 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Do you have the Part number . Thanks

3 hours ago, Racindave said:

OEM NEW Illuminated Bow Tie Emblem Kit Front Rear Black 2017 Silverado 84129741 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6BBWSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TSW5DbEZ9X37K

this is the one I got. I have a 2018

came with the harness and all. It was oem equipment. 

I have the order slip in the center console of my truck.  I got the same one that @Racindave got.  Black Illuminated Bow Tie for my Midnight Edition.  A friend of mine, at work, is already wanting my original front bow tie and the new tailgate bow tie from this kit, to replace his gold bow ties.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

So it's not on with DRL?  I'm picking mine up this week, and want to install it by Saturday.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I have the order slip in the center console of my truck.  I got the same one that @Racindave got.  Black Illuminated Bow Tie for my Midnight Edition.  A friend of mine, at work, is already wanting my original front bow tie and the new tailgate bow tie from this kit, to replace his gold bow ties.

So funny story.....

I ordered mine on 11NOV2019, and had never received a phone call to let me know that it had arrived.  On 03JAN2020, while I was waiting to pick my wife's car up from being serviced (another long story that I'm still too fired up to get into ?????), I went over to the parts department, and they informed me that it had not only arrived, but HAD BEEN RETURNED!!!  ?  They reordered it that day, told me that it would be there in 2 days (EXPRESS SHIP), and that they would call me when it arrives.  Last Friday, I called, and it had not arrived yet.  ??  Saturday (11JAN2020), I happen to be running errands in the area, swung in to see what %$#@ was going on with it, "it was still in transit" (location unknown), Department Manager (he's also in charge of the Service Department) was informed that his presence was requested in Parts, I demanded a refund of both my money and my GM points that I used to pay for half of it, and he said that he would see what he could do, worse case scenario, he would write me a check for what I paid and for the cash value of the points spent.  Their DM calls me on Monday, while I'm at work (no cell phone zone), to inform me that he has "great news" and to call him back at my convenience.  Tuesday, I called him back, while I was driving to work, ? mine wasn't there yet, BUT they did an inventory last month, and THEY HAD ONE IN THEIR "WAREHOUSE" THIS WHOLE TIME!!!! ?  Their DM said that he was handing to the UPS driver, while I was on the phone with him, and that it would be at my house the next day.  Wednesday night, when I got home, it was sitting on the dining room table.  I'm going to try and install it tomorrow before work, or on Saturday (latest).

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2017 at 1:58 PM, pgamboa said:

7ab604f6c4cdadb2b38067c05e2885ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil, Are you aware of any mod to this set up that allows one to control the on/off aspect of the bowtie?  I like the plug and play aspect of this but would like a limited degree of control over its function.

12 hours ago, Sullpt said:

Phil, Are you aware of any mod to this set up that allows one to control the on/off aspect of the bowtie?  I like the plug and play aspect of this but would like a limited degree of control over its function.

Why would you want that? It's really quite dim and can only be seen when it's dark.
IMG_0439.thumb.jpg.f388e333c490e54d26698940b82ddcae.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 8:59 PM, MikeBMW said:

Why would you want that? It's really quite dim and can only be seen when it's dark.
IMG_0439.thumb.jpg.f388e333c490e54d26698940b82ddcae.jpg

Its because I'm going to mod the harness for use with another set of LEDs and want to control the on/off function of that set up.

8758E1A0-7307-4AB2-B087-7A03205CFF63.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sullpt said:

Its because I'm going to mod the harness for use with another set of LEDs and want to control the on/off function of that set up.

8758E1A0-7307-4AB2-B087-7A03205CFF63.jpeg

Nice truck! You've got the Morimoto headligts, as do i, cool.
The use case in your example is a good one but the lighted bow-tie just pulls power from the headlights at the plug and play connector.
To set it up differently, you'll have to ignore the plug and play connector and figure out the pins and run it to an auxiliary switch.
Sorry, that's above my pay grade.
Still, good lookin' truck!