2017 Denali 2500 HID headlights vs Denali 1500 LED headlights

I like the look of the LED headlights so I have a couple questions.

How do the HIDs compare to the LEDs in light quality and output (brightness)?

Would the LEDs be plug n play or would they need adapters or a different harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my old eyes HID = Night and LED = Day There is a hood swap thread on here somewhere where a guy had swapped a hood from a 2500 diesel (with the cool diesel engine hood scoop) onto a 1500 and stated that it matched perfectly. If the hood fits I would assume that the grille and headlights might be similar enough to fit also? I wish I could be of more help but I a sure the experts will be along shortly.

To my old eyes HID = Night and LED = Day There is a hood swap thread on here somewhere where a guy had swapped a hood from a 2500 diesel (with the cool diesel engine hood scoop) onto a 1500 and stated that it matched perfectly. If the hood fits I would assume that the grille and headlights might be similar enough to fit also? I wish I could be of more help but I a sure the experts will be along shortly.

Thanks. That helps. I like the LED and would think the same. I'll have to keep my eye out for a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LED headlights were outstanding on my 2016 1500.

Love the Duramax 2500 as it is (HID). Unless there is an OEM retro - I don't want to touch it.

Well 1500 lights are plug and play but if your happy with the HAD lights then that is all that matters.

The OE GMC LED headlights have pretty good light output and are a worthy but pricey upgrade IMO. I would install the Morimoto XB LED fog lights instead of spending more on the OE bumper and foglights. They aren't 4-5 times brighter than stock but the output is more focused and easily twice as bright. With a group buy ended up paying $150 for them shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

LED headlights were outstanding on my 2016 1500.

Love the Duramax 2500 as it is (HID). Unless there is an OEM retro - I don't want to touch it.

Can upgrade from the D5S 25w to a 35w HID... only option as of now for plug and play with HID improvement.

• 6 months later...