Can't Set Radio Station Favorites

My 2015 GMC Denali 1500 with the 8" touchscreen radio/Nav needed a new battery the other day, and when I changed the battery I lost all my preset radio station favorites. I knew that was going to happen and figured I'd just reset them.

Now I can't get the radio stations to save as a preset. I go to the radio station I want to save (Satellite Radio or regular AM/FM) and hold the radio favorite button on the touch screen to save it, and nothing happens. The button doesn't change from a number to the name or frequency of the station. I know I'm holding the button long enough because I save new radio station favorites all the time.

So it seems I can save my radio favorites any longer. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it? Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I did get it taken care of at the dealer eventually. The first time they couldn't figure it out. The tech was able to restore my ability to set AM/FM presets but not satellite radio. I brought my truck back a few days later and a different tech did an update to the radio and it fixed it completely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For people who find this in the future....

I had the exact some problem in my '15 Sierra after replacing my battery yesterday. I had 25 presets originally shown. I could set 11 but it wouldn't save anything else even though I had 25 spots showing. You don't need to go to the dealer. Go to the home screen on the touchscreen. Go to Settings>Restore Factory Settings>Clear All Private Data and then follow the on screen instructions. It says to turn the car off, open/close the door (to turn off the retained accessory power I presume) and then wait at least 1 minute before turning the car on again. Doing this I can now add radio favorites again.

I first tried resetting the radio settings but that didn't work. I then tried the Clear All Private Data option and it worked.

I scratch my head that vehicles come with CD players still. Nobody I know uses the CD player in their car; it's all about SD cards or iPods. I don't even own a computer with a disk drive anymore :lol:

A CD player was a must for me when I was shopping for a new truck in 2014 but I don't think I have used it but a hand full of times in the last 3 years. Got the SD card loaded up and listen to XM the other times but it I am old enough where I would still be just fine with a CD player and FM radio. What I am mainly getting at is that these new radios are near impossible to replace with something else because they are so integrated with the other electronics so when they do tear up you are SOL and your wallet is much lighter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Same old story, my ear was sore from the complaints about the radios I received when I worked for a dealership . My 2017 same situation. In stark contrast my wife owns a Jeep with their U-Connect system, no problems to date, user friendly, smart /convenient features that are easy to figure out...cant say the same for my "Intell" link.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:34 PM, SilveradoSaver said:

I scratch my head that vehicles come with CD players still. Nobody I know uses the CD player in their car; it's all about SD cards or iPods. I don't even own a computer with a disk drive anymore :lol:

I use mine all the time, too lazy to transfer all my old stuff to a different media source.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:48 AM, tnchevy said:

A CD player was a must for me when I was shopping for a new truck in 2014 but I don't think I have used it but a hand full of times in the last 3 years. Got the SD card loaded up and listen to XM the other times but it I am old enough where I would still be just fine with a CD player and FM radio. What I am mainly getting at is that these new radios are near impossible to replace with something else because they are so integrated with the other electronics so when they do tear up you are SOL and your wallet is much lighter.

I wanted on too and use it because XM reception is horrendous. FM works great and I don’t want to upgrade or replace, it works for me lol

5 minutes ago, Mark Krav said:

Same old story, my ear was sore from the complaints about the radios I received when I worked for a dealership . My 2017 same situation. In stark contrast my wife owns a Jeep with their U-Connect system, no problems to date, user friendly, smart /convenient features that are easy to figure out...cant say the same for my "Intell" link.

Never have had a problem but I’m a simpleton...friends Jeep works great too but my girlfriend’s old Lexus sucked!

• 1 year later...

I had this problem (can't set presets 2015 GMC Bose) after a battery reset and using settings to erase private data as mentioned above fixed the issue. Probably I could have just disconnected the batteries again to do the same thing, but maybe not, as I had been able to set 3 pre-sets after the battery disconnect, but some time later I could no longer set pre-sets. AFter clearing private data everything worked again.

For the record, I have disconnected the batteries many times on this truck and never had that problem before, but I was glad it was easy to fix.

Just replying to highlight this problem/solution.

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 1:37 PM, Dunc said:

For people who find this in the future....

I had the exact some problem in my '15 Sierra after replacing my battery yesterday. I had 25 presets originally shown. I could set 11 but it wouldn't save anything else even though I had 25 spots showing. You don't need to go to the dealer. Go to the home screen on the touchscreen. Go to Settings>Restore Factory Settings>Clear All Private Data and then follow the on screen instructions. It says to turn the car off, open/close the door (to turn off the retained accessory power I presume) and then wait at least 1 minute before turning the car on again. Doing this I can now add radio favorites again.

I first tried resetting the radio settings but that didn't work. I then tried the Clear All Private Data option and it worked.

Thanks Dunc!!! Worked for my 2015 Lacrosse. The problem started after replacing the battery. I've been trying to get this figured out for over a year after multiple service techs and many google searches.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, Mark Krav said:

I'd put up with the radio glitches on a chevy than have to put up with all the other glitches that come with owning a jeep, lol.

Edited by 69camaross396