My 2007 GMC Sierra Classic (06 style) has the 4.3l V6 in it. I'm looking to possibly swap the 4.3l out for a sbc 350. Anyone do this before that would be willing to give any advice? Is it even possible to do a swap like this on a truck this new? If it is possible, what will I need to do to make it happen? Thanks in advance!

? LS swap. Not sure why one would consider an older SBC when an LS engine will pretty much drop right in.

Yup, getting an LS/Vortec engine of the same era would pretty much be plug and play; no special wiring required (if I remember correctly, the PCM connectors were identical regardless of engine size)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I'm asking is because I can easily get a sbc 350, and much cheaper. But I've also heard that swapping a 350 into it would be much easier as well. I've read other pages and people have stated that LS swapping isn't a walk in the park. They run into multiple problems (and yes I know doing any engine swap will have conflicts involved).

I've done a few crazy engineer swaps and had them work. However I would do the LS over the SBC for sure. Much easier plus it could easily be legal with emissions.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You'd likely have less issues swapping a motor from the same era (ie LS) vs an older engine. Also it'd have more power and be more efficient (and would resale easier too)

Archived