Installed Bilstein 5100's on 2015 sierra

So I took the plunge today and decided to install my 5100's. Of course I picked a day when it was 105 to install them but it's finally done! The first side took the longest as usual and the second side was a breeze.

I learned the hard way that the three mounting studs for the top of the struts are indexed to fit in one particular way. Had to pull the first strut and twist the base of the bilstein to make it fit. All in all it was not a difficult task whatsoever.

The first two photos are before and the last two are after.e6689298e2b733d6c9a00a738e728d55.jpge6401e6d3597c792a782b39bd2a17c38.jpg7c6c5842744277d38a47885272da15ac.jpgeeb196ae2051ca1c7d842cfa0f3233cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I haven't had time to take it for a drive yet. I've got some running around to do tomorrow so I'll post after and let you know what I think.

And by the way I have it set at the highest lift setting.

Thats looks perfect, do you have to get an alignment with this?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yes. I will be getting everything aligned tomorrow after work.

Took the truck out today and drove around with my girlfriend for about 45 minutes and the truck feels fantastic even with it at the highest setting. She even made a comment about how much better it felt. Truck doesn't bounce around after big bumps like it used and it feels more "planted" to the road. I'm extremely satisfied with these struts.

Did you go with the just the fronts or all the way around? I've been debating getting some for the '17 but am still undecided.

Just did the front for the now. I'll probably be doing the rear ones soon though. I highly recommend them if you're thinking about getting them. It really has changed the ride of the truck in a great way.

Looks good, Love that it's a RCLB...

Thanks, so do I. I was undecided at first how I felt about the RCLB set up but I absolutely love it now. The long bed is more practical and has a lot more functionality to me than any of the shorter beds. My buddy at work had a crew cab with a short bed and he hated how little room he had in his bed compared to mine.

Archived