Sunglass Holder -- Fixed??

sk

Okay I know a lot of people have been complaining about the overhead console not fitting most sunglasses.

I know there are also threads on here talking about the console rattling and some people have glued the small hanging "latch" piece to stop the rattle.

Well yesterday my 2015 went in for some work and they gave me a loaner -- a 2018 Silverado LT.  I was checking out all the buttons, etc. and noticed that the overhead console looked the same from the outside but when I opened it THEY CHANGED THE INSIDE DESIGN!!  They made the sunglass holder larger and changed the closing mechanism so there is no latch arm hanging down.  I put my glasses in there without any problems and drove it all day today without any rattle!

So who is up for swapping out the older ones for a 2018??  I don't have the part number so I can't research the cost yet but I will be looking into it over the next few days.  I had my overhead console out previously to add the auto-dim mirror so I know the swap-out should take less than an hour.  Attached are some pics of the interior.

20171114_065830.jpg

20171114_065835.jpg

Well I spent all day looking for the correct part number online with no luck.  We need somebody with a 2018 LT/LTZ/HC.  There are also different part numbers for Shale vs. Dune and with various switches (sliding rear, HomeLink, sunroof).

If we can find the correct part numbers I'm pretty sure it will be an easy swap ...

• 2 weeks later...

I put my (new) sunglasses in the holder last week, and the stupid door would NOT close.  Took some effort to put them in it, same as my previous pair, but this one will not let the stupid thing close.  So I'm continuing to put them on the driver's left-hand vent, arms in.  The only issue with that, when I turn on the high beams, the turn signal arm hits them. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:13 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

I also called and asked about the ‘18 center console lid chargers that nobody can seem to get a part number for...

84330208 for black. $410 from the dealer. 

The reason that part number wasn't  obtained  is because It's not necessary to change out the entire lid, and it's prohibitively expensive. Three parts are needed for the 2018 charger conversion: the module, connector end/or harness, and the 10 rib rubber mat, while keeping the  '16-'17lid. The module is around $100, the connector end $7, and the mat $9.

The big issue is that the module is on national backorder with no ETA established from GM...

Archived