Power Fold Mirrors from 1a auto

Had these on my truck for 3 weeks, folded maybe 15 times,  left mirror will fold less than an inch and stops, I called 1a and was told I don't have memory seats is why it failed, so there is no warranty. If you buy  Part #: 1AMRP01786 and do not have memory seats you have no warranty. Just a heads up for you guys.

lol wtf... why would the memory seats have anything to do with power folding?? My factory passenger mirror did the same thing, and GM replaced it under warranty. I know that some people have replaced the motor in their's for not too much money

12 minutes ago, Wheelie said:

Had these on my truck for 3 weeks, folded maybe 15 times,  left mirror will fold less than an inch and stops, I called 1a and was told I don't have memory seats is why it failed, so there is no warranty. If you buy  Part #: 1AMRP01786 and do not have memory seats you have no warranty. Just a heads up for you guys.

Really sorry to hear this.  @1ATony - Is there ANYTHING that you can do to help here?  This is a local member that I worked with on this upgrade and sounds like the fold motor has failed.  I personally installed these mirrors on his truck.  There are no differences in the build of this mirror over your other mirrors (without memory) and have successfully installed these mirrors without issue.  There are members here with this same exact mirror running over a year now.  Please help.

Going to see if @1ATony can help with this.  I've tagged him twice and hoping for a path to resolution.  Memory circuits have nothing to do with them folding.  I have at least 10 other members with these same mirrors without fold issue.  Hoping Tony can chime in assist.

11 hours ago, Blue17Jaymes said:

I could really use Tonys help on figuring out how to get upper mirror glass for these. 600$ for a new pair isnt a good option for a crack in the glass!

He has replied to your your other thread:

We are in process of stocking replacement glass for these mirrors. Since they are fairly new, it may take a bit to receive new stock from the manufacturer. We will get you taken care of. I will get together with our product team on Monday for you.

Best Regards,

Tony

Found the issue with the folding mirror, it was in the harness plug, I was holding the button and wiggling the wires to the connector and the mirror worked and quit, I unplugged the connector and pushed it back together and it hasn't had a hiccup since, thanks for the help 1ATony, still not sure if I have the warranty, was going back and forth with 1A about my options on my truck when I resolved the problem myself. Appreciate your help too Phil "pgamboa" now get me my center console harness lol.

Archived