Warranty/Service Questions

I just have a hopefully quick question about warranty service.

Back in March, I had the butt pad of my seat heater fixed because it quit working.  This work was done under the factory 3 year warranty. 

My 3 year warranty ended in September a couple months back.  Now, my seat heater has quit again in the exact same manner as last time.  No butt heat, but the switch and back heat still work fine.  

I'm just wondering if this is something that GM should cover or the dealership should cover?  If it turns out it is the exact same problem, I'd say they just didn't fix it right in the first place.  I don't see how I should be on the hook for something they tried to fix but didn't even last a couple months.  I don't use the heated seat in the summer from April-September.  What do you guys think?

They are looking at the truck this afternoon and are supposed to be getting back to me with a diagnosis.  

I just have a hopefully quick question about warranty service.

Back in March, I had the butt pad of my seat heater fixed because it quit working.  This work was done under the factory 3 year warranty. 

My 3 year warranty ended in September a couple months back.  Now, my seat heater has quit again in the exact same manner as last time.  No butt heat, but the switch and back heat still work fine.  

I'm just wondering if this is something that GM should cover or the dealership should cover?  If it turns out it is the exact same problem, I'd say they just didn't fix it right in the first place.  I don't see how I should be on the hook for something they tried to fix but didn't even last a couple months.  I don't use the heated seat in the summer from April-September.  What do you guys think?

They are looking at the truck this afternoon and are supposed to be getting back to me with a diagnosis.  

I would think that with a documented repair history they will likely give you some grace on the vehicle warranty. If anything, their own repair should carry a warranty that will cover the redo. Check the service receipt for the first repair, I bet there’s language that explains the coverage of their work.

M.

TECHNICALLY, Niether the dealer or GM owe you anything. Out of warranty is out of warranty. One or the other may help you though. But I'm sure you will have to ask.

1 hour ago, tbarn said:

TECHNICALLY, Niether the dealer or GM owe you anything. Out of warranty is out of warranty. One or the other may help you though. But I'm sure you will have to ask.

not sure this is true.  I believe warranty repaired parts hold a 1 year warranty.  Not sure if that's the case here but might be worth a call to GM corporate first.  Dealer will try to stiff you regardless of what the actual policy is.  

I agree that there should be a warranty on the part. 1 year would be reasonable.

If the heating element failed, hopefully they take care of it for you.

Let us know how the appointment went today.

Replacement parts are covered for 12 months/unlimited miles. Parts replaced under new vehicle warranty are covered for the duration of the factory warranty but not less than 12 months/unlimited miles.

Thanks guys.  My dealer has said the same thing that this part is covered by the 12 month part warranty.  

Initially they tried to say that it wasn't covered because my factory warranty had run out but they later realized the 12 month part warranty  continues.

8 minutes ago, Clocked92 said:

Thanks guys.  My dealer has said the same thing that this part is covered by the 12 month part warranty.  

Initially they tried to say that it wasn't covered because my factory warranty had run out but they later realized the 12 month part warranty  continues.

Gotta love those dealers ----- right on top of things.

Archived