Sign in to follow this  
OZme

GM card penalizing non use or reduced percentage now

Just a heads up

My GM card started to penalize and remove discount amounts earned. This was the original GM card that was Citibank but now Capital One. Dinged me $500. of my future rebate.

I also noticed the GM BUYPOWER that gave 2% on all spending now only gives 1%.

WhataRipOff !!

Already used my original for business truck and canceled the card. I think better off getting cash back card from Citibank at 2% or even better is the  PENFED 2% cash back and PENTAGON FEDERAL has lowest vehicle loan rates in country . You don't have to be military or Pentagon employee anymore just donate $25. to military families and your in.

I'm sure the terms and conditions are included in any updated communications.

You know -those folded up pieces of paper with their statements nobody reads....

On 2/17/2018 at 7:41 PM, CKNSLS said:

I'm sure the terms and conditions are included in any updated communications.

You know -those folded up pieces of paper with their statements nobody reads....

The terms and conditions that I send back to them in their pre-paid envelopes? lol

One year GM Card upped my points/dollars to $3,000.  

Made the deal then waited for finance guy/gal.  Then showed my points.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jricharc
      I am looking to buy a new Silverado at some point this year, I have a GM card and have had it for almost 10 years. I have yet to get the "earnings top-off" and I have seen many posts about folks getting these. Is this random or do they target specific cardholders or what?  If I got an extra $2k or so it would definitely motivate me to buy so I am curious to see what other folks past experience has been.
    • By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      2-27-2017
      General Motors is raising the stakes on discounting to almost unbelievable levels. Perhaps it was the slight dip in sales of full-size trucks over the past couple of months, perhaps GM just wants to top Ford in full-size truck sales, or maybe inventory is above levels the General is comfortable with. Or maybe it's all marketing hype and the savings are not on trucks anyone really buys in big numbers. Whatever the reasons, GM is discounting trucks at a level that is approaching comical. The deal is for a 1500 Crew Cab All-Star, and as the advertisement shows, the discounts include about ten grand is cash from GM. Only $750 of the discount has to do with the "Option package discount."

GMC is also discounting heavily. Its special deal is on the Sierra 1500 4WD Crew Cab. Ram has discount offers of about six grand show on its website. Ford's and Nissan's discounts appear to be about four grand on the F-150 and 2017 Titan. Toyota's Tundra site has no national discount offers posted, but has a "See Local Specials" button. When we put in our zip code no specials were shown.

• By jsjs
      I have over $3500 in points on a GM credit card (pre 2003 card, better usage rules!) for sale for $2500. My older card allows ALL $3500 to be used at once on any GM vehicle. The $3500 can be used on a purchase OR lease & works as cash. Negotiate your best deal with your salesperson and THEN upon purchase inform them of the additional $3500.

GM allows cardholders to add a user to the card and that user is able to use the GM card dollars. These card dollars can be used with any/all incentives as they are treated as cash down. CANNOT be used with an employee discount or supplier discount although dealers will give you a supplier price AND THEN ALLOW THE card dollars to be used with the supplier price. I can meet at any dealership to complete the transaction. EMAIL me with your contact details (email address, phone number) and I can discuss/answer questions. Im in s.e. Michigan.

[email protected]
    • By ArnottInc
      Arnott Air Suspension Products, with distribution centers in California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Toronto, Canada and Europe, announced it now covers OES Air Suspension Compressors and Adjustable Motorcycle Air Suspension Kits with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Previously, Arnott offered the Warranty only for Arnott's new and remanufactured air struts and shocks, air springs, and coil spring conversion kits.

Click Here to learn more about Arnott's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Discount for Forum Members!

Forum Members can take advantage of 10% SAVINGS on GM air suspension replacement parts from Arnott by using Discount Code GMSAVE10 when shopping at Arnott’s secure Web Store or calling sales toll-free at 1-800-251-8993.

The Discount Code is good for a Maximum Savings of $75. The Discount is not valid with any other offer and does not include compressors, shipping, tax, or core deposits (if any).

• By ArnottInc
      Arnott Air Suspension Products, with distribution centers in California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Toronto, Canada and Europe, announced it now covers OES Air Suspension Compressors and Adjustable Motorcycle Air Suspension Kits with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Previously, Arnott offered the Warranty only for Arnott's new and remanufactured air struts and shocks, air springs, and coil spring conversion kits.

Click Here to learn more about Arnott's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Discount for Forum Members!

Forum Members can take advantage of 10% SAVINGS on GM air suspension replacement parts from Arnott by using Discount Code GMSAVE10 when shopping at Arnott’s secure Web Store or calling sales toll-free at 1-800-251-8993.

The Discount Code is good for a Maximum Savings of $75. The Discount is not valid with any other offer and does not include compressors, shipping, tax, or core deposits (if any).