Growling noise-dashboard pass side

Before this fix, it was like Chinese water torture for me. Drove me nuts. Once you are crazed by it, your then listening for it at higher speeds and heard it. So annoying. I am longer than you now Harold, and the sound is definetly gone. It was harmonics. 

I think I am going to look for a fix for the loud recirculate fan noise next. Its is louder than any car I own on recirculate only. Thinking cover the lower duct box on passenger side in Dynomat. That should deaden it to an acceptable level. ?? We'll see....

My fan on recirculate is loud but on auto quickly goes to outside air and is now quite maybe because mine is a pick up truck and requires a smaller fan than the SUV's. Thanks to you I love my truck again, I had a friend ride with me today that owns a 2014 Toyota Tundra and he was shocked on how much quieter it is now. He used to harass me for buying a GM truck until his had to go to shop with a smoking engine with 40K now I am doing the harassing. lol

• 1 year later...

my Yukon has done this since day 1 I took it back a few times and they basically said they can't fix it I have 12k miles on it and it has sucked to drive cause of this issue, it usually would stop with turning off the A/C but now it does it with the A/C off I'm starting to wonder if it isn't something else.

• 1 year later...

Jim, Your a genius !! I had the same exact problem on my 2017 Suburban. 2lbs of duct putty around the AC condenser hoses around the firewall and the noise is gone. I did not think it was a harmonic sound coming through the firewall, but for a couple of bucks it was worth the test. Urika !! Noise is gone !! Thank You !!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...